GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
A kid i went to highschool with had some just like those. If you put enough force on them, the axle will still wrap, it just wont go back until the ubolts are loosened. they looked hideous too

·
Registered
257 Posts
GOLD ZINC FTW!!!! Very pimp my ride style..

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn i was hoping they would be a good alternative to spending 800 bucks

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
springs

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
I thought your brother or somebody was going to start making some traction bars??? no? Am I thinking of someone else here?

Not sure I'm picking up the idea behind that design there... it just u-bolts straight to the axle and that's what you rely on to prevent wrap-up?

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
damn i was hoping they would be a good alternative to spending 800 bucks
If you're trying to stop axle wrap, you can do it for alot cheaper then $800.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought your brother or somebody was going to start making some traction bars??? no? Am I thinking of someone else here?

Not sure I'm picking up the idea behind that design there... it just u-bolts straight to the axle and that's what you rely on to prevent wrap-up?
Yeah he was and made several sets and sold them with his friend. Well that didnt work out with his friend. My brother has a set still lying around that im trying to convince him he doesnt need :ninja:

As far as springs go. Jameson im going home tonight again just to measure and check

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Ladder bars are real easy to make yourself if you want to save some money.
We make them for customers. Heres a pic I drew up on paint (sorry, not very good) to give you an idea of what we do.
ladderbar.jpg

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
John has the basic design on his Picture. Build your own and save some money.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Springs will still have axle wrap. The wnti wrap bar will put the power to the ground where it needs to be not the springs!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah ive wanted to make my own or mock up a set like what my bro was making but its a pain making a trip home just to do small stuff like this

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
cognito makes bars but yea your looking at about 800 bucks for a set...but atleast they work and dont look like shit...my rize bars cost me 900 bucks and there alot more complex

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
$800-$900 for traction bars that actually cost more less than $100 in tube and maybe $50-$75 in joints and bushings is rediculous!

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
my rize bars cost me 900 bucks and there alot more complex

holy god mother and baby jebus.

Really Incredibly Zooperdooper Expensive.

I know those BMS bars are way outta the park too. Look pretty nice though, but last I saw they were only for Fords, no?

07classicZ71, sounds beautiful. I love having my pinion angle jacked until I loosen up my suspension.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts