GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my best kills stories are all against Fords. a friend of mine has a 00' F-150, 5.4li, true dual exhaust, 4.10 gears, torque converter, K&N intake and programmer. i've got an 02' half ton, reg cab short wheel base with K&N intake and exhaust. He has yet to beat me and we've raced about five or six times. everytime we run he'll get me off the line cause i spin when we leave, but after that i pull hard on him and just about always beat him by amlost half a lenght to a quater. its great cause after every race he always says "dammit, those chevy's are badass" and i just smile..... :ninja:

if anyone else has some good kill stories, lets hear em'

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
There is a kid at skool that had a 90 model for ford with 4.10 gears and a 460(exhaust and intake) and i beat him like 4 or 5 times with my 98 305 with no mods. Then he got his dads new 6.0 powerstroke, he thought a diesel was goin to beat a gas, i beat him about a half dozen times and he then admits that gm's kik ass :head:

·
Registered
658 Posts
gmc_super_truck said:
There is a kid at skool that had a 90 model for ford with 4.10 gears and a 460(exhaust and intake) and i beat him like 4 or 5 times with my 98 305 with no mods. Then he got his dads new 6.0 powerstroke, he thought a diesel was goin to beat a gas, i beat him about a half dozen times and he then admits that gm's kik ass :head:

hey man i have to say out of all the trucks that i have raced the diesels have been the fastest....i know one guy whos got a 4 door, long bed dually ford disel and he beats lightnings...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Yah diesels have the potential to be monsters. A chip alone will do more than most common mods on trucks combined.

·
Registered
785 Posts
well I was headed home the other night and this new Dodge Ram 4 door with 20's was getting off the Interstate and is running through traffic like he's the shit, well he gets up beside me and starts revving up so I just sit there and wait for the light to change not even looking at him b/c he wanted to race, well light changed and I nailed it spun a little and got about a car length or 2 on him ran up to around 80 or so, then he would never get back beside me, he turns off on another road flashing his lgiths at me, well the next day I see him again and he rolled his window up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah diesels are badass. i got beat bracket racing at the track by a 3500 duramax dually. also, i was in houston one night and a guy had a new powerstroke that had the turbo turned up to 41 pounds, and he headers, a chip, spraying propane, cold air intake, and god knows what else... but he got out on the road and beat a cobra, 2 camaros and a C5 vette. we stopped and talked to him for a while and he said it dyno'd out just a little over 700hp and was running high 12's. after seeing him make a fool out of the vette, i definenlty believe that 4X4 heavy ass brick can do it.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
it is pretty amazing how easily new diesels can be lightly modded (a chip) and can run around and smoke stangs and cobras...and how its not uncommon for people to have them pumpin 700+ hp and 1200+ ft lbs torque... :drool:

·
Registered
785 Posts
they did an show on truks where a diesel was running propane and nos with some other mods, it had a bunch of horsepower

·
Registered
639 Posts
yeah I see thouse dodges all the time who think they are bad shit because they got the one with chromed 20's. I beat them down everytime I see them.

My favorite race had to be this iddiot, in a GEO PRIZIM was revving his engine @ me and looking over, I glanced At him and started laufing i think that made him mad. the light turned green and he was squeeling his tires by the time he made it though the intersection I was half way to the next light. Stupid, but hey sometimes you have to stomp down them to make them understand they shouldnt try to race a gmc.

So watch out for an older guy in a 4 door geo prizim who wants to race ya.

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
:LOL: Yea i beat a GEO once, or twice :rocking:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
the other night i was coming home from work and a BMW 525i was at a light.... trying to be a badass, his license plate said awsom1 i was like "ya ok"...

anyway, i was behind him at the light... so he starts to floor it... i mean the thing has some get up and go, but i stayed on his ass the whole way... he ended up changing all 3 lanes at once to make a turn to make sure i wouldnt follow him i suppose...

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
gmc_super_truck said:
Haha, none....

vortec 305's arent bad at all, but a 1990 460??? I truly have doubts...especially with a few little mods that make the big honky breathe some. Powerstroke 6.0's are no slouce at all. I have lost to an f350 that still had temp plates on the highway, but he only had about a trucklength on me which he put on me around 75. I didn't really reef on my truck and I think I could hang with one from a roll if I really tried, but I don't even want to think about doing it from a stop.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
i got a good kill story... there was this fly see, and he was buzzing around my head. So I cocked my hand back and smacked him to the floor. Neva knew what hit him :read: :crazy:

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
haven't had any great kills... yet. some kid in a riced-out S10 extreme (remember those) pulls up next to me at a red light where the road merges like 100' past the light into my lane. it's on the way to school, other college students are always in a hurry and always try to save 3 seconds by trying to go around me. i usually just get in the middle of the road and deny them, but the mini was revving whateverthehell engine it had, either 2.2 or 4.3, so i floored it when the light turned green. squeeeeal... right tire breakes loose. thunk... posi kicks in. squeeeeeel... both tires break loose. i was used to racing people with 245hp and was not aware of what another 50 could do. needless to say, the mini lost in about 100' and i still had time to deny him.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Kilborg said:
gmc_super_truck said:
There is a kid at skool that had a 90 model for ford with 4.10 gears and a 460(exhaust and intake) and i beat him like 4 or 5 times with my 98 305 with no mods. Then he got his dads new 6.0 powerstroke, he thought a diesel was goin to beat a gas, i beat him about a half dozen times and he then admits that gm's kik ass
Haha, none....

vortec 305's arent bad at all, but a 1990 460??? I truly have doubts...especially with a few little mods that make the big honky breathe some.
im going to have to agree here. there is no way a stock 305 can touch a 460. my buddy has one and it will keep up with my vette

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
This 460 used to be a farm truck and was used pretty hard.It spent alot of its life pullin a trailer.It was a 87 not a 90 my bad. Guess i should have added that.

Ok photoshop a flat bed on here and thats the truck pretty much.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts