GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to have the truck back up and running and I have had my 12W7 for about a year now and still havent installed it. I believe Im going to have to space the seat up to fit it in there. I think I want to have it facing down since people arent careful and the cone would get beat in, in short order if it was facing out. Just wondering what setup you have or have seen. I know its going to have to be a really custom deal with some fiberglass on the bottom most likely Im just wondering if I can get it to fit the way I want it right.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,715 Posts
I have a 10W7 and I had to raise the seat 2" to make it fit. and the speaker is facing forward. To aim it down you are going to have to move the seat up close to 7" if not more.

·
Clit and Tire Liquifier
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought I got a damn good price on it, oh well, I may end up selling it and getting an 8 Im not much into heavy bass any more.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
one of my buds had one in a slot ported box hooked up to a 1000/1 JL amp and he took out the backseat. We had to put 3 layers of dynamat in the back wall, and 2 over the rest of the truck. One time we blew the back window out of the truck too. So I'd say if you're not going for heavy bass, sell it and get a good 8" that will fill in and still sound precise and not boomy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts