GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is the wrong forum part but has anybody had problem after problem baggin ur truck???? im 17 and 2 of my friends and help over the phone with my friends mark and rocky, but we have been workin on my truck the past 4 days now. we worked from 4pm-5:30am friday, woke up at 8saturday worked till 1, then monday and tuesday weve worked from 3 after school to about 10 at night. im tired as crap and have been gettin pissed off about it. just seems like its been problem after problem,all the welding stuff is done but throughout the whole...build up?? weve had problems from welders burning up, not having the right tools, rachets breaking screw drivers breaking, wholes in my bag cups not the right size bridge kit was all cut to the wrong size so there was either not enough or too much metal. maybe this is just a normal thing but doing this has been a biatch. today i will be done completely with the back and hope to have pics up, but unfortunatly it will just be of the back being that i had to put stock suspension back in the front i hope to have pics of the whole thing by this weekend after i get my holes re-drilled at school. sorry if this is the wrong spot but i had to get that out...thanks

·
Plead The First
2,593 Posts
Ah grasshopper! You must learn patientence! Rushing into things or through things is not the way. I would suggest stepping back for a day, cool off and go back at it.

I've never burnt up a welder, how the hell did you do that?

·
Rollin with Saget
1,595 Posts
im my expierence, there are always problems, whether they be big or small, nothing ever goes as smooth as it should. the instructions (if you actually read them) make it sound so easy, but its never that easy.

but then again... the problems are half the fun.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Let me guess, you bought your stuff out of the Truckin magazine, from AIM or whatever else they call it now? :crazy:

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
haha, i'm going through it right now... endure the headaches, bacause when you roll up @ school, lay it out and everyone goes nuts, you can step out and say, I BUILT IT MYSELF, HERES THE SCAR's to prove it!!!

that's what it's all about

BUILT... NOT BOUGHT

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It will become very frustrating, so go drink a coke, sit down for 30 minutes, and cool off. Then go back at it. When I get pissed, that works for me. It only took me 3 years to bag my truck :anitoof: Nothing custom will just bolt together. EVERYTHING needs to be modified. It only took me 3 days to put in my drop springs right. That was workin from 3pm till 1am each nite. DROP SPRINGS FROM HELL!!!

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
How did ya burn out a welder? Exceed the duty cycle?

How about the parts? Who've stuff are ya using....sounds like you may have just gotten a bunch of missmatched parts. It can be tricky, especially if this is the first time you've bagged a truck but patience is key....step back and take some time away. It helps a lot if you make sure you have the right tools at hand before you start a project like this since not having the right tools leads to crazy frustration like you seem to have.

Cameron

·
Registered
84 Posts
thats why custom is not bolt on. once you do a few you find the right tools and ect.... hang in there it will be worth it in the end just dont take any short cuts cuz your pissed :imo

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I could see this Bag setup using sAIM parts :nono:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually....the parts came from jason at www.suicidedoors.com the link and and panhard and all the fabed stuff was made by my friend mark who USE to work at ekstensive. i know better to buy aim crap, ive got good stuff and i know its good. dont exactly know how the welder broke all of sudden it just stopped working, it was some cheapo harbor freight pos. using a newer and better welder now. like i said tho all the welding stuff is done, thats over its all about shit breakin then having to go back and fix it again but hey, i know in the end it will be worth it, just like what supermachine and outlawcrewcab said. o well, its worth goin crazy over :crazy:

·
Registered
384 Posts
91slowverado said:
nope breaker was fine, think part of it might have to do with the rust inside.... :insane:
Lucky it did not decide to use you as a ground or try to cross you while making a circuit..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im not sayin jasons stuff isnt good i think he makes some badass stuff and has extremely nice prices. ill always order from him and recommend to others to order from him, hes just a busy guy doin what he does best and i know hes got a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttt of work cut out for him. but all in all its all good cuz its finally done.....its 3 30 sunday morning but its done. cant wait to go to school monday :rocking:

·
Registered
384 Posts
91slowverado said:
im not sayin jasons stuff isnt good i think he makes some badass stuff and has extremely nice prices. ill always order from him and recommend to others to order from him, hes just a busy guy doin what he does best and i know hes got a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttt of work cut out for him. but all in all its all good cuz its finally done.....its 3 30 sunday morning but its done. cant wait to go to school monday :rocking:

Pictures????!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts