GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GMFS Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has it, where they mounted it and is it worth it? i have a chance to get it for $190. only thing thats keeping me from it is i want a nice clean way to mount it and im not sure how.
thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I have the avic-f90bt which is pretty much the same thing. I was able to mount it in place of my factory hu. Once you remove the stock hu you will have to cut out a piece on the inside of the dash for more space. I did this to make room to mount my satellite radio brain, the pac harness to integrate onstar, and the pac harness for steering wheel controls. It was not an easy install, but it has worked great. There is bad picture of it on my cardomain to give you somewhat of an idea. Thanks Alex

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
^^ The F500BT is a stand-alone unit, not an indash like the F700BT and F900BT(F90BT).

As far as mounting? Hmm. I would probably look to the console. Anything on dash is a bit cumbersome due to the size of the unit. Maybe underdash/ on the console if you have one.

Another thing I highly recommend for that unit is to also get the ND-G500 Gateway Amplifier. If this is going to be your primary source unit (and not just a Nav), it will make the unit 1000x better.

For reference: ND-G500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts