GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my 07 nnbs got stolen so im in the market for another truck and im considered getting a single cab since they look so sweeeet. Anybody on here
have any regrets on getting a single cab? the obvious con being limited amount of seating, i usually only drive me and my fiance around

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
I had a regular cab, upgraded to the extended cab, would love to pick up another regular cab for daily use.

While the extended cab is great for road trips, usually filling the back with coolers and laptops, the extra space isn't used for much more. Nobody ever rides back there. In 5 years, I've had people ride in the back of my truck exactly twice.

With my regular cab, I felt the need to have a toolbox on the back of my truck. I never kept a lot of stuff back there, but, it was nice to keep the few things I tend to leave in my truck out of the way. There was usually a jacket of some type, my snow brush, and a few other random things.

I want another regular cab just so I can have a half ton long bed again.

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
i prefer at least an ext cab because i like to lean my seat back more than most. extra room is nice too.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
Depends. If it was not my daily I would get one. I would get another one in a heartbeat. But I can't have one as my only automobile

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My first and only other vehicle before my 2010 Silverado was a pewter-colored '98 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 SCSB that I got as a 16th birthday present back in January 2001. It had super clean paint/body, the "S.S." front end conversion, and about 63,000 miles when I got it. The truck served me well through high school, college, emt school and then fire academy, countless Texas roadtrips, and numerous roadtrips to fire department entrance exams, C.P.A.T.'s, and chief interviews. When I sold my '98 to a friend in October 2010 when I was 25, she had just over 230,000 miles. Original engine/transmission and only a few common repairs.

I think SCSB trucks are the ideal first vehicle for a 16 year-old and for a single occupant daily driver.

·
professional grade
4,154 Posts
Reg cab trucks are selfish imo. I mean, really you can't do anything with them. It's you and 1 other person...comfortably. You can't take anyone anywhere. No space for anything. My first truck was a single cab but I was 17 and didn't care at the time. The least I would opt for is an extended cab.

·
CHARGED
137 Posts
I used to have a reg cab long bed but sold it for my crew cab dmax, love the space in my crew cab but I'm looking for a reg cab dmax as a second truck, just fun to drive if space isn't a concern.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Like most others said single cabs are great for running around town and working out of, but for long trips, they start to feel cramped. I like to be able to lay my seat back and stretch out a little after a while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a reg. cab before. It was too cramped especially for traveling. Plus people are always after rcsb trucks, so if your last truck got stolen imo an rcsb probably will get jacked too if it's all ghetto where you live.

·
ROB
3,022 Posts
Lol are you guys all NBA players or do you drive leaned way back ghetto style? I'm 6' and have never felt cramped in my rcsb obs even when going on road trips with the girl. Newer trucks have even more room. I never drive anyone around so I am not worried about that and I have a toolbox to throw stuff in if I need.

·
Incognito
1,250 Posts
I've never had a single cab so I can't say I wouldn't enjoy it but I love being able to sleep in the truck if I have to.

·
2009 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71
4,791 Posts
I've never had a single cab so I can't say I wouldn't enjoy it but I love being able to sleep in the truck if I have to.
Only way I could do that is if I slept in the bed.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have had many single cabs as a second vehicle, but at one point I had only a single cab for almost a year. It was fine at first but got really small really quick. I finally stepped up to a crew cab and couldn't be happier. I have two more single cabs as extra vehicles, but I would never go back to just having a single cab.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I like my regular cab. It is a great daily driver and does what I need it too. My dad and I took it to Idaho this summer and I drove back from Idaho by myself without any problems except that the truck didnt have cruise control which would have been nice. I usually drive my gf around it or just a friend. The only thing I wish I had an extended cab for is when I have to take alot of stuff with me that I dont want in the bed and I have to pile it on the seat. Also when you and a buddy go hunting it would be nice to have an extended cab for all the gear. Other than that its a great truck and I plan to keep it for a long time.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
When I win the lottery I'll have a 67' C10 small window short bed pro-touring converted for use as a DD, and I'll fucking love life. No desire for a fucking living room in my truck. Hell, I might even leave the gas-tank in the cab too, just to keep me alert, and possibly even the seat belt option as well, what the heck. Cup holder? Nah probably not, that shit spills, but ah why not; it'd be an easy clean up because I don't have 5 other passengers in my pick-up truck spilling coke and dropping fries between shit where I need 4 hours to vacuum it all up everyday. Fuck being a chauffeur.
If I'm seriously worried about sleeping quarters that means I'm probably too drunk to drive or even care where I sleep, so I'll lay in the bed.
If I am concerned with leaning my seat back far enough to protect my head behind b-pillar, then I just need to move further away from Detroit. If it's for leant-back style reasons, then I simply need to reevaluate my life and sit up like a damn adult. :insane2:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I had an ext. Cab sold it and picked up a rcsb, only problem ive ran into is having more than 1 other person ride whit me cause i put in the full lenght center console lol. I love that they look small but still fully functional and does what i need it to do.

·
Incognito
1,250 Posts
Hell even in my cclb dodge 5500 I put the seat all the way back. Some people will never know what its like to be 6'2" or work 18 hour days and don't want to risk driving home.

To the op its whatever you feel comfortable in go test drive a single cab to see if you would like it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts