GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
That's the top of the line 4L65E, probably the best you can buy anywhere. From what I've heard, it will handle roughly 500-550 RWHP. If you're sticking with that style tranny, that's the one you want.

FYI - a 6.0L with 9-10 psi may get you close to 500 rwhp, but probably a little bit less. For a DD, I'd recommend a Radix kit from Magnuson. If you don't plan on modding beyond that, the FLT level 5 should be fine.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I've got it... its nice :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think im going to go with it and when the time comes for a turbo i will keep the boost low because its a DD.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Just step to an 80E.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i think im going to go with it and when the time comes for a turbo i will keep the boost low because its a DD.
:LOL: I said that too, and I held out for a few months before stepping up to 10 psi. If you're planning on 500rwhp, I'd get the 80e. I regret not getting it from the beginning. I'm constantly worrying about this one breaking.

I've had the level 5 for about 6 months, and I love it. It shifts perfect... very firm, but not harsh or jerky. Chuck and Vince were very easy to work with. The customer service is just about the best I've experienced in the industry. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
how much do they charge for shipping? I think I am going to get one when my tranny goes out as well. BC whenever my engine goes out its gettting a lq9. Like would the level 4 4l60e with the vac mod be able to handle the power of a lq9 with boltons and cam?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
umm id probly get the 65e stage 5, its a direct bolt on and it handles 500-550rwhp. also shipping to mass. is 150 bucks i know that, and they send a return label with the new tranny so you dont have to pay to send the old one back.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I don't recall, but its not much at all. There is also a 300 core charge, and a charge on the case, but you get it all back when you return the core. Just tell them what you're doing, and they'll make a recommendation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
love my level 5, get the vacuum mod too You will love it even more!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea ive been talkin to silvermodo he has the 65e by FLT and he said he has beat the shit out of it and it goes great! he also said it shifts real smooth for a fully built tranny, and the vac mod makes a big difference in the smoothness of it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yes, the vac modulation is great... I've got a kit lying about here if anyone wants to see what it looks like. Just uses a Ford modulator I recall. Gets rid of that POS EPC solenoid.

I'm telling you, if you have a 4x4 truck... just go with the 80E from the get-go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts