GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to install my carrier bearing kit tonight and the piece of shit has mounting holes that are too narrow. It's the right part but it was cut shitty so I had to grind them off in order to get them to fit.

Did anyone else have problems with their DJM carrier bearing?

I've had good luck with DJM stuff but this thing is a piece of shit and the directions are horrible.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorry, only one I've done is the belltech. Just make sure both drivelines are straight in both axis/directions. Then you can have fun trying to get rid of the vibration. The one I did never got all the vibration out, just a little at 22 mph.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
mine was good. cut off old bracket, welded new one on. little vibe from pinion angle still being a couple degrees high, but im good other than that.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
im still not running mine and no vibration

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not putting mine on for vibration. I'm putting it on there for traction. I'm only cutting 2.2 60' times when I should be deep into the 1.9s.

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts
I'm not putting mine on for vibration. I'm putting it on there for traction. I'm only cutting 2.2 60' times when I should be deep into the 1.9s.
huh?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts

·
TROLL REVOLT of 2012
2,477 Posts

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
i cut the stock one and then drilled some holes and bolted the djm one up

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
Don't worry about it. It's racing stuff.
:rofl2::rofl2:

lucky you i'm seeing 2.6 60's.

did you try calling DJM about it. they are pretty good w/ taking care of the cust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts