1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
same as 1 chamber flowmaster, i was told flowmaster forgot to renew there license and now everybody is making spinoffs of it!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but quality wise would you say that they are the same? i dont want a muffler thats gonna end up with holes in the metal after only a few months. thanks for the info though..

same as 1 chamber flowmaster, i was told flowmaster forgot to renew there license and now everybody is making spinoffs of it!

·
Registered
264 Posts
IMCO and Cherry bombs are basically the same. I hear they share the same makers.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah it's a knockoff of a Flow.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't have any truck experience with them, but a friend has their mufflers on an '05 Mustang GT. Nice look and a good sound. 2 years on them now and they have held up just fine.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
most mufflers will rust and eventually rot out, unless you get a really good stainless one, or never drive in shitty cond. or sparay some type of protective paint on there, also a good rule of thumb is you get what you pay for, also tybrne has got a killer deals on magnaflows right now, check them out on the vendors section.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
mu flows on the 94 have no rust on them and they have been on for over 80,000mil and still going

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
mu flows on the 94 have no rust on them and they have been on for over 80,000mil and still going

You live in Cali...those FMs rust out in 2 years up here.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
:worship: :worship: magnaflow stainless series

·
GM FOREVER
724 Posts
IMCO bought out Cherry Bomb and then they just repackaged them with the Cherry Bomb name to bring them up to the year 2007! My local muffler guy is a dealer and had a cut away and he even says they suck! What he showed me had a terrible design in the flow chamber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a IMCO 7510 dual in and dual out muffler on my 07 SD classic with rear exit pipes and the sound is awesome. Not too loud in the cab or at idle but a deep growl when I step on it. I've had them since Sept 06 and they just get deeper and louder as time goes on. I'm pleased with mine.

I had Flowmasters on my Tahoe, Jeep and Vette and I'm just as pleased with the IMCOs as I was with them. Now I have Super Comp headers and sidepipes on the Vette so no comparison but that's apples and oranges. Anyway, just my $.02.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm Running a single dumped Imco behind a set of Hamm Midlengths with stock cats. It sounds good, Not as loud as my old 40 series. But still loud enough to be heard outside my house at idle. I like them, just my 2 cents, I cant think of why I would change them at all. I've had them on for about a year now. No rust, no holes.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm in salty OH and have run FM for years. I've never had one rust out. Their aluminizing is very good and the metal is a very heavy guage. No problems here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts