GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2.5" leveling kit for my 08 chevy 4x4. Was wondering if anyone that has this on there truck has had any problems with the front end? I am just a weekend offroader but nothing serious. Mainly pulling trailers (horse & flatbed with tractor or hay) or trying to get through a muddy pasture. Worried about the excess weight on the rear causing to much angle on the front axle and cv joints. Wanted to go 2" or 2.5" to get bigger 20" tires under it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
nope i have a 2.25 readylift and it drives like stock.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
i dont go offroading too much but i would bet you would be fine. which one are you going with?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ive got the 2.5 ccm on my truck, no problems at all so far....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hey apinechevy, you got the factory blocks takin out the back or your truck??

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought the top gun 2.5" kit and 3" rear blocks. I still want a slight rake for towing. But not as much as stock though.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
You should have no problems with the CCM kit. That's what I'm running. I'm like you, mild off road. Most of my off roading is done during deer season. No complaints here.

·
AKA Sugar Plum
2,023 Posts
Nope, no issues. I love my readylift 2.5", rides like stock and gives it a much better look and offroad has not been a problem for me. I'm also sitting 1/8" cali with the tape measure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have to get my ball joints and inner tie rods replaced soon. I have a 2.5 inch CCM and 33s. The shop says its "normal wear and tear" and they say it has nothing to do with the level and larger tires. :think:

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
The BJs on these nnbs trucks are horrible. I've heard stories of them being replaced well before 93K.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Haha yeah i know its alot but i got a good deal on the truck. They're saying that the ball joints are made into the upper control arms on this truck so its a pretty expensive replace.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You should be alright..... Wow, never had a truck long enough to get to 90,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts