GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with a 6” RCD lift for a NBS 2500hd? I found a used one with 4 5100s. The mileage on the shocks in unknown so they could be shot. I will be running 285/55/22 trails on 22x10.5 Is this enough lift to clear the tires without cranking and running bad angles or should I look bigger?

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
with a litle crank guys are clearing those wheels (I am assuming BMFS with that size) and 325/50 22s on LMMs...let alone your truck with better fender clearances.

Exactly how cheap are you getting the lift? A vendor on here quoted me $1000 shipped to my house for a BRAND NEW Rough Country 6". I then looked at autoanything and they had 5100s for a 4-6" setup for under $300 shipped (after beating them up/matching prices with other vendors also). I wouldnt go used unless it was $500-750 or so complete. for the extra $500-600 id rather go 100% brand new.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the guy down to $450. I would need to get a few things like u bolts and brake lines otherwise it's complete. It' looks to be in ok shape just unsure about the shocks but at that price I can buy new ones and still be I good shape.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
i bought one used lift back in the day and 3 words...fuck that shit. by the time you get all new hardware, new shocks, buy anything that was/is missing you could have just bought it new. i've seen too many trucks that were smashed and had the lift removed. unless you know who had the truck, it's a big gamble. some of them older lifts never aligned right and people got fed up and tore them off, IMO save your money and get a new kit.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,479 Posts
RCD was the KING back in the day...06/07 because they offered 5100 bilsteins with their kit.

I had one on my 03 duramax. It was a knuckle kit. Barely fit 35s, but of course I didn't crank and cvs were level

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
RCD was the KING back in the day...06/07 because they offered 5100 bilsteins with their kit.

I had one on my 03 duramax. It was a knuckle kit. Barely fit 35s, but of course I didn't crank and cvs were level
:word: they used to sell tons of kits back home.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So general consensus is just keep saving? Is it even worth trying to get him to come down further on the price?

Based on pictures it doesn't look rusty. It's a farmer says he removed the lift for towing purposes.

Originally I was looking at the zone and BDS kits. I would like the NTBD but like the price of the zone.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Had RCD on my 1500 NBS and loved it. Came standard with 5100s, had chromed strut braces and the front box was coated in like a spray on bed liner type finish. It was really a great looking kit and I never had a minutes trouble from it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts