GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips or tricks to dressing offroad tires? the size and knobbiness (is that a word?) make it such a pain in the ass. I recently tried tuffshine tire clear coat and it worked awesome but was such a pain in the ass to get into all the contours.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Dilute it in a spray bottle and spray the shit out of the tires let it sit then clean the rims
On my mud tires I dilute the stuff down with water so its sprayable for the knobby parts and then us an applicator for the rest and to knock down the knobs some.
In the thread below you.

·
Bitchin' Stitchin'
74 Posts
Here's a trick from when my buddies & I were putting cars in shows.
Wash the tires down with a 10% vinegar/water solution. Scrub 'em with a bristle brush right into all the grooves & sidewall tread. This'll get the tires really clean.
Hose 'em down to remove the vinegar/water solution. Let dry.
Go buy a bottle of 'Future Floor Polish'. It's a flexible clear acrylic coating.
Fill a trigger style squirt bottle with that & spray the tires just until they're wet. Let dry. Repeat until you have about 3-4 applications on 'em. Wipe any excess off of the wheels before it dries.
They tires will look like they have the most expensive dressing you can get.
For the next 6 months! A medium-high gloss finish. The more applications the shinier they'll be.
You can hold a high pressure (carwash) hose an inch away, & it won't affect the finish. They'll look like you just applied the dressing an hour before.
First thing I do to new tires before I even get them mounted.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yeah its called use them off-road. nothing looks better than a set of mts that get used.

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
i love not using my off road tires for what they are meant for :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts