GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, turns out my parking brake lines were never readjusted when my lift was done....therefore it ate up my brakes and rotors. I called the shop and they said adjusting the parking brake was not a part of what they do. I swear the last time i read them it said you were sposed to. Any help is appreciated.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
im betting $20 that the clip on your parking brake show broke and thats your problem. You cant fix this by adjustment, its too late. You will need new rotors, brake shows for the parking brake and the "fix" for the clip. I had the same thing happen. Its not worth it to me, therefor I do not have a parking brake and havnt for the past year or more. Do I care? Not really...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i dont care either cause i dont ever use the parking brake. But if you want to pass inspection you have to have it working...unless you know somebody that can get you a sticker.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so basically...I know someone too but hes being an ass and wants 120....which...is a far cry from what it costs to replace that crap. If i do it myself its gonna be redic even...GM wants 120 for the parking brake pads....139 a rotor....and then new disc brakes but thats only like 40 bucks for both sides. For that...i might as well buy a 14 bolt and then wheel adapters. If you know someone in DFW hook it up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts