GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my mud grapplers are about dead and im looking into new tires. i cant take the noise anymore i wont get another set of muds but was thinking about the trail grapplers. what are the mileage people are getting out of them? im torn between the trails or the ss m16's but like all swampers have heard they wear realy fast, about 35k even my mud grapps got 40-42k. if the trails got 50k i would be happy with them. thanks

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Get the Trail Grapplers. I have sold many sets of them and customers love them.
I even run a set on my JK Unlimited and they are very quiet, smooth, and so far I have 18K miles on them with very little trad wear.

Let me know if you need a price on a set.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I would go with the trails, my cousin has a set that he got off CL with about 20% tread left and they dont look like they have worn any for the few monthes that he's had them, and my brother got a set that ive put around 100 miles on them and they dont show any wear other than the little tire titties have just worn off. they ride fairly smooth and fairly quiet.

but 50k out of a mud tire is asking quite a bit, if you want a high millage mud tire look into the Toyo's.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info guys. and yea i didnt mean for them to still have decent tread at 50k i mean when there totaly slick lol. and yea the muds have been pretty much junk for me they seem to dart bad when they catch grooves in the road, driving 65+mph there so anoying. also i like that the 37's in the trail grappler are 12.50" wide instead of 13.50"

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
i like that the 37's in the trail grappler are 12.50" wide instead of 13.50"
IMO the wider tires look better, and the only down side is in snow driving.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMO the wider tires look better, and the only down side is in snow driving.
yea alot of ppl like that, im just looking at it from the gas mileage point of veiw even though it wont be a ton it will help a littel, and luckaly i live in south arkansas so we dont get much snow thank god!

·
Registered
249 Posts

I had a set of 35"s on my old truck. I absolutely loved those tires!!! You'll get some great miles out of them on a light truck!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the input guys! i think im def going with the trail grapps

1 - 11 of 11 Posts