GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of Elemental Designs subs? I am looking at the 130v2's. If so, how do you like them and how do they compare to others?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
there stuff is generally ok. they are just another online sprung up company by a rich kid deciding he wants to make subwoofers. they make some ok stuff but do alot of talking with out alot of backing up

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know a few guys running them and are happy with them. They had a bad run with the flat piston subs and thus alot of people lost interest/respect for them

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to the guy who owns and runs SubThump.com and he says they are a great sub for the money and that they hit harder than a JL w3 and almost as hard as a W6. Anyone know whether this is true?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I talked to the guy who owns and runs SubThump.com and he says they are a great sub for the money and that they hit harder than a JL w3 and almost as hard as a W6. Anyone know whether this is true?
You're just caught up in the JL name. Have you ever heard a w3? They are a very shallow sub and they don't not "hit" hard at all. If you want it to "hit" hard run an XXX, Adire Brahma or a thunder 9500

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive never heard of them but ill look into it where can i get these subs online?....i just wana know about the elemental desgin 130v2 cause the guy is gonna give em to me in a downfire box that is like 200 on subthump and the subs shipped at a really good price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
what kind of system are you looking for?, EA's are a decent midlevel sub but if you want it to hit hard then as stated earlier look at a few other subs for that

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
anyone know if one mtx thunder 5500 will hit hard in a proted box? sorry for jacking the thread

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
really? how would i know to build ity right? i was going to have chronic build me a ported box for 100 bucks. or i can get a probox for 100 bucks

9,777 Posts
I talked to the guy who owns and runs SubThump.com and he says they are a great sub for the money
I know that subthump promotes those subs very hard and from what I have read about on reviews they do WONDERFUL in small sealed boxes and are a very good, clean sub.

You're just caught up in the JL name. Have you ever heard a w3? They are a very shallow sub and they don't not "hit" hard at all. If you want it to "hit" hard run an XXX, Adire Brahma or a thunder 9500
JL Audio subs are very good sounding and very hard hitting subs when 1. put in the right box and 2. when they are properly tuned. To say that JL subs do not hit and he is caught up in the "JL" name is just crazy. There are better subs for the money, but they are VERY good subs.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i've got a friend running 2 18's in his 04 avalanche. he's got an 8 in between them but it's not hooked up. here's the page
huge subs

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
i've got a friend running 2 18's in his 04 avalanche. he's got an 8 in between them but it's not hooked up. here's the page
huge subs
whats up with the sealed box? port that bad boy

turn that 8 into a port

·
Registered
711 Posts
how do those 18's hit? sound good?
they sound really clean, but it's way too much bass. my truck was parked next to his and it rattled the set screw for my my rear view mirror loose.

·
EscaWHAT?
1,312 Posts
A close friend of mind swore ED was the greatest. His Ed Nine.1 amp blew on a 2 ohm load. The 12s were toasted with less than their RMS power. On CarAudio.com I have seen MANY ED amps for sale. So, this tells me to avoid them.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
ed amps were and i believe still are made by avionixx. ok stuff but not something i would go out of my way to pay for.

adire much better quality if you can ever get the stuff. was close buddies to a dealer for them and it still took months to receive all the parts i needed to put them together. and even thou they are great stuff, shit happens were they break. then good luck with the service of getting it fixed and getting it back to you.

re audio - they used to make great subs for the buck. got super loud in ported applications and loved power. now the subs looks alittle better but you pay ten times as much and also they don't have the greatest customer support either. they also used to make custom orders of a cross breed they called the sexxx. sounded like a good idea but when i installed a pair for a buddy, there was so much lead slap it was terrible. also lets not forget when they were using oynx by-products and got caught not properly removing onyx's name.

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
re audio - they used to make great subs for the buck. got super loud in ported applications and loved power. now the subs looks alittle better but you pay ten times as much and also they don't have the greatest customer support either. they also used to make custom orders of a cross breed they called the sexxx. sounded like a good idea but when i installed a pair for a buddy, there was so much lead slap it was terrible. also lets not forget when they were using oynx by-products and got caught not properly removing onyx's name.
Which company are you refering to?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts