GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 NNBS with a procomp 6" lift installed(10k miles on kit). Do not have any of the original suspension but I want to drop it back down to factory height. If someone is somewhat local so we could meet at a shop to have them swap suspension, let me know.

Thanks

·
Central Florida Chapter
175 Posts
is yours 4wd or 2?

·
Central Florida Chapter
175 Posts
I don't think you can go back to factory because whenever they lift it, they have to cut a bracket off. So unless you're gonna have someone weld a new mount back on for your diff.... You're sol..

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I don't think you can go back to factory because whenever they lift it, they have to cut a bracket off. So unless you're gonna have someone weld a new mount back on for your diff.... You're sol..
Could trade diffs :shrug:

·
Central Florida Chapter
175 Posts
and driveshafts, transmissions transfer cases, computers, harnesses. hell, trucks! lol

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i have a 2012 nnbs with a procomp 6" lift installed(10k miles on kit). Do not have any of the original suspension but i want to drop it back down to factory height. If someone is somewhat local so we could meet at a shop to have them swap suspension, let me know.

Thanks
what part of texas?

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
and driveshafts, transmissions transfer cases, computers, harnesses. hell, trucks! lol
Why in the hell would they do that. They could sway front diffs and be done.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts

·
Central Florida Chapter
175 Posts
So swapping front diff's will fix the fact you cut off a bracket off of the frame...?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Pro comp kit on that model doesn't require you to cut the diff. You need the piece of the frame to weld back on. And the crossmember to bolt back in plus stock suspension

·
Central Florida Chapter
175 Posts
Pro comp kit on that model doesn't require you to cut the diff. You need the piece of the frame to weld back on. And the crossmember to bolt back in plus stock suspension
exactly, sorry got it mixed up, but yeah meant crossmember lol

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Didn't realize you had to cut off the frame (never installed a pro comp). In that case you would need to reweld pieces on to the frame.

·
Central Florida Chapter
175 Posts
Yeah, the rear crossmember has to be notched for the driveshaft I believe

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Yeah, the rear crossmember has to be notched for the driveshaft I believe
Yep, all you would have to do is re-weld that one section. If cut by a sazall, in 1 piece, and kept. Would be a simle task.

·
Central Florida Chapter
175 Posts
I've never heard of anyone keeping that piece nor would believe anyone would lol. Either which way, have to reweld a bracket.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts