GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this into my 14 Full Floater last year. I have only put about 200 miles on it because I am still working on the truck. But in that 200 miles I have decided I don't like how it feels on asphalt. I should have installed a Truetrac. So, if anyone is interested in it, I am willing to have my 4x4 shop remove it. There is nothing wrong with it and it has never seen anything off of asphalt use. I haven't even done any burnouts or towing. My loss is your gain.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
How much are you looking to get for it? And being its out of a 14bff, if you have any mechanical knowledge, its REAL easy to pull it out and reset the backlash in it...might save you a few bucks to do it yourself.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure on a price, I'm thinking around 350.00, or just enough to cover a limited slip unit. I have to replace the entire carrier right?

·
5,501 Posts
they can be had for under 400$ new...not easy to find, but some places still sell them for 400...asking 350 isn't out of line IMO. Im not real sure on all the LSDs for the 14b, but im sure some are full replacements...not making resetting backlash real hard, but not stupid simple as just another lunchbox.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have buddys that have been doing this stuff their whole lives. So I am sure they would do it for me, getting them to is another manner.

·
5,501 Posts
I have buddys that have been doing this stuff their whole lives. So I am sure they would do it for me, getting them to is another manner.
lol thats the damn truth...really all you would need is access to a press (to press on new bearings if lsd is a full replacement), mini install kit (should have shims and carrier bearings and marking compound i do believe) dial caliper and magnetic base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts