GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this will help anyone out in the future, but this is how I wire my fans up. This is how Chevy wired up the e-fans in the lt1/ls1 camaros and it works great. Instead of paying for a harness and paying for a tune, I can have this completed for around $40 not including the price of the fans. I wire the low side up to the ignition so whenever the key is on, the fans are running on low (they're in series, so each fan is getting 6 volts). When the a/c or thermo trips they go parallel and run full speed. Works great.

The schematic would be a little different plugging into the a/c, anyone interested, let me know and I'll find the different schematic.

The one he says would be a little different for the silverados. Gonna run my ls1 fans this way when i get them.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Why have the fans run all the time? This will just take longer for the motor to be up to operating temperature. Yes I am aware mechanical fans do it too... but they are built for simplicity and max flow.

That is not how the factory has them setup, per the schematics... they run based upon temperature and A/C head pressure as well as vehicle speed.

If you are going through the hassle of an Efan swap (you will want a larger alternator for sure among other parts), just run them off the PCM. If you shop thrifty, you can purchase the 2005+ OE Efan harness for dirt cheap. I have maybe $20-30 into my GM harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts