GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I know there are mixed feelings on lifting vs. lowering. I like them both. My problem is in the winter we get enough snow that I can't make it through with my truck. Have any of you lifted up your truck and ran bigger tires. I am talking about taking off the bags and compressors and waiting till its nice to slap them back on.

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
Sounds like a pain in the ass
X2, this isnt like putting snow chains on......this is like redoing your suspension every season, i would recomend buying a beater for the winter, one can be had for pretty cheap, i would rather spend 500 to a grand on a piece for the winter than re-do all yo shit......

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
you should be able to drive it in the winter man..I live in northern WI in the winter and i drove my bagged 95 around with no problem..just get a good set of snow tires, make sure theres no water in your lines and drive it like a normal vehicle..lots of weight in the bed goes a long way

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My problem is in the winter we get enough snow that I can't make it through with my truck. Have any of you lifted up your truck and ran bigger tires. I am talking about taking off the bags and compressors and waiting till its nice to slap them back on.
Did you bag it yourself?

If you wanted to lift it up I dont know why you would have to remove your compressors...imo I doesn't sound like you're really aware of the work involved with bagging and/or debagging a ride.

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
and technically you should be able to reach normal ride height with your bagged setup..with my old truck i could sit higher then a stock 2wd..so you could just cap off your bags at say 180 psi and get it aligned that way for the winter..

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
the ride would suck so bad though if you had to drive over 3/4 the way up all winter. so much air int he bags would make it real stiff
it would, but still be easier then swapping out the suspension lol..not like there is snow on the ground 24/7...either dont drive it when there is 2 feet of snow, or man up and plow through it

102_3444.jpg

102_3447.jpg

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ive always thought about putting coils in where my bags are, with some modifications to the bag cups/brackets etc. You could maybe make some removeable spring cups or something. I dont know just an idea.

Diggin the new sig Marcos.

·
To busy too care
281 Posts
Save your bagged truck for summer, by a beater for winter. You'll appreciate it more when you roll it out for the first time in the spring. Besides, the winter is when you can do alot of work on truck without having to worry about driving it.

·
Which One?
239 Posts
OR. . . . . buy four 2" or 4" bag spacers. put them on in the winter. inflate to regular pressure and get aligned.

that would be the easiest , cheapest, and best way to get this one done for ya bud.

this way:

you'd have the same ride quality you do now

it would be WAY easier than swapping out any suspension components.

and it wouldnt cost ya much.

thats my 2 cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts