GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you payed or what I should charge? I have a couple guys wanting me to install keyways on their trucks and not sure what to charge.
Also does anyone know what people get to install suspension lifts? I have been charging $1000 labor with parts at cost. Is that too much or not enough or average. I know of a place cheaper but they rape you on parts and a place that rapes you on parts and charges about $2000-$3000 labor

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
:roflbow: people are willing to pay 1000 for a lift kit? For real?

Send some my way I'll quit my job.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
$100 for the leveling kit, it takes less than an hour.

as for the lift, that depends on the kit, but id say $500 is more reasonable and youll get more customers, go for volume, not per unit profit, the more lifts you install, the more people will tell their friends about the great price, and more people will call you to do theirs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$100 for the leveling kit, it takes less than an hour.

as for the lift, that depends on the kit, but id say $500 is more reasonable and youll get more customers, go for volume, not per unit profit, the more lifts you install, the more people will tell their friends about the great price, and more people will call you to do theirs.
Thanks I know it doesn't take long for the leveling kits, just didn't know what to charge because they are so easy. LOL! I haven't had anyone complain about the price on suspension lifts but I kind of thought I was high also :think: but then I found out what some of the other guys were charging so I was just checking. Everyone has been wanting Pro Comp lifts but I'm not making money off the selling the lifts either, where shops are marking up the price on the lift.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
yeah $100/$500 would be my pricing, and thats just for a bolt on lift, if any cutting/excessive fanagiling is needed, then up it a little.

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
A local guy who I know, owns a garage quoted me under $300 for a lift block and Ford key install....but I am only doing the block there, cranking my stockers myself.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
A local guy who I know, owns a garage quoted me under $300 for a lift block and Ford key install....but I am only doing the block there, cranking my stockers myself.
What a slow ass shop- 300 an hour :rofl2:

I would say 800-1000 be fare i guess in your part if you giving it to them whole sale they are saving a 200-400 i would guess so you make the difference in labor. I only paid to put one lift on, it was my 12 inch fts, I only paid 300, but i was short on time and figured it was cheap enough.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a slow ass shop- 300 an hour :rofl2:

I would say 800-1000 be fare i guess in your part if you giving it to them whole sale they are saving a 200-400 i would guess so you make the difference in labor. I only paid to put one lift on, it was my 12 inch fts, I only paid 300, but i was short on time and figured it was cheap enough.
Damn $300 is dirt cheap for your 12" lift

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
200$ to install keys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts