GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I have a Billy Boat on a 745i Turbo of mine, the sound is sexytime :leghump: Like nothing you'll hear on the street. Until you hear one in person, you can't explain it. I prefer them FAR more than Corsa ever could hold up to being.

No clue how well they flow, I'm not going to hack open a $750 catback plus the one I have hasn't been produced in YEARS. It looks chambered/baffled from what I remember when I shined a light up in there.

At least it's not a reverse flow style like stock mufflers on cars usually are... :wave:

MAC Flowpaths also sound really cool and they're cheap... if you wanna be different.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never even heard of B&B exhaust and it would help if you told us the year of your truck.
-It's a lot more common on vettes and some guys have it on their f-bodys. One of the best sounding exhaust out. IMO it takes the cake over corsa, I got over that whole raspy thing real fast when I got my 98 firebird up to about 500 RWHP, now it's got 4 mufflers on it so I can drive it without getting pulled over. But at Billy Boat lists it on their site and I can't find it online.

I hear its a pretty good set-up a lot of Vettes use this exhaust (ZO6s).

Try searching Billy Boat Exhaust....thats the real name...

EDIT: here is the vette guys that have them: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-...xhaust-review-long-many-pictures-a-video.html
-Yeah I've been on their site but they don't have any sound clips on exhaust. But from what I've heard it sounds very similar to Bassani on our trucks and thats the nicest I think I've heard so far.

I have a Billy Boat on a 745i Turbo of mine, the sound is sexytime :leghump: Like nothing you'll hear on the street. Until you hear one in person, you can't explain it. I prefer them FAR more than Corsa ever could hold up to being.

No clue how well they flow, I'm not going to hack open a $750 catback plus the one I have hasn't been produced in YEARS. It looks chambered/baffled from what I remember when I shined a light up in there.

At least it's not a reverse flow style like stock mufflers on cars usually are... :wave:

MAC Flowpaths also sound really cool and they're cheap... if you wanna be different.
Yeah so far I've heard a 745i with B&B and also an Audi S5, oh and one of the new M3s...... fucking sex. sexsexsexsexsex. I know it sounds good when my wife is talking about how good the BMW sounds! HAH!

I'll try and look up the MAC flowpaths, is it just a stock replacement style muffler?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah so far I've heard a 745i with B&B and also an Audi S5, oh and one of the new M3s...... fucking sex. sexsexsexsexsex. I know it sounds good when my wife is talking about how good the BMW sounds! HAH!

I'll try and look up the MAC flowpaths, is it just a stock replacement style muffler?

Yeah, from what I remember. Sort of like a Hooker sound, different for sure.

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
We've got B&B exhaust on both the 2000 BMW 540i and the 1984 Porsche 911. Both of them sound fine. The one on the 540i is pretty mild, nowhere near as much noise driving around as my Yukon. The fit and finish on the Porsche is great though. I installed that one myself and I can see why its expensive. Veryyy shiny. Both cars sound great at WOT. The Porsche takes the cake though overall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts