GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tie-rod boots on these Fabtech kits don't last. I'm on my second pair. Anyone running a different brand such as Moog? Any part numbers?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Yeah these TRE's suck. They piss me off, just like the rest of this shitty ass kit :pissed:

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
yeah i need new boots too but i just keep filling em with grease till i can find something better

·
WANT LIFT!!!
3,241 Posts
HA, I was just about to make a thread. I just greased my TRE's and my SECOND set or boots have rotted. The grease just goops out! I am worried that the grease has run out, leaving my TRE joints somewhat dry and causing them to wear faster. One of those babies lets loose, you are in trouble... HEIM STEERING PLEASE!!!

Yeah these TRE's suck. They piss me off, just like the rest of this shitty ass kit :pissed:
And....STFU you love your kit! Besides, its not the TRE's its just the rubber boots.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
:rofl2:

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
:idiot:

:crazy:

·
Official Ninja
561 Posts
Doesn't the 8" CST kit come with heim steering? I think I read that in the installation instructions maybe.....

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
I also have the ripped Tie Rod boots on my fabtech. Someone needs to come out with something... Does another lift company make a better TRE?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I cant wait to put my Coilovers in so I can get rid of the ungodly contraption I have there now. The fucking strut creaks like a mofo when it hits a bump, and the TRE boots get grease all over my shit. I want HEIM steering like right now, JASON @ GMR you need to look into this bro!

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Ok, talked to Jason and he said he could make us HEIMs for 550 shipped. Kinda pricey but his quality of work is pretty damn good. Im gonna order some soon :D

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, talked to Jason and he said he could make us HEIMs for 550 shipped. Kinda pricey but his quality of work is pretty damn good. Im gonna order some soon :D
That's the shit right there! We need a group buy on these bitches!

·
Registered
440 Posts
not sure if you can use other tie rods since the holes in the spindles are bigger than stock. The stock tie rods dont fit tight in the holes!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts