GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to sas my 2006 1500. gonna roll 35s on hpd60 and 14bff. i havent found any info on this such as the steering,keeping abs,and why do i need to eliminate the slip yoke on my tcase?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
hope you got thick skin......

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
If you have to ask, it probably isnt in the cards you're dealt homie.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
sounds like he can do it if he has a rig on 5 tons. if i knew the answer id tell him.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
greatwhite just did it on an 07 2500.

·
Justin @ A/T Fab
325 Posts
What particular questions do you have? To keep the abs you are going to have to use a front axle with tone rings at the wheels. (Not worth it in my opinion). You want a different case for several reasons. 1st the autotrac case does not do well spinning a heavy front drive shaft at steeper angles very well. 2nd it does not like it when you remove the other 4x4 components. 3rd, as mentioned, its slip yoke front and rear. Depending on your suspension setup you may not be able to get enough travel out of the driveshafts.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Dustin. For you to have a good setup I suggest an AAM 9.25 solid front axle fomr a dodge 3/4 ton. The ABS sensors will plug right into your stock ABS sensor plu on your truck. There is nothing wrong with a unit hub axle especially for what you are wanting to do. The tcase you have can be kept with a SYE and making a new driveshaft, Or just swapping in a manual shift NP241 and making apropriate mods to make it work stock. I know exactly how to make it work like it did before, but you will have a shift on the floor.
I personally have not seen this axles used in a GM but have heard it will prelly much plug and play electronic wise. It is setup for links; but what are you wanting on your truck? Leaves are the simplest setup to do and the most cost effective.
Lemme do some research on the AAM 9.25 for you.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
wow, not the response I expected :D

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
wow, not the response I expected :D
Because I know him personally and know he can handle it. He just does not surf forums enough to know whats the latest and greatest like I do. I can pretty much tell who can and canno pull off a good build. I will say it again, A poorly designed SAS will make you widh you stayed IFS!

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Because I know him personally and know he can handle it. He just does not surf forums enough to know whats the latest and greatest like I do. I can pretty much tell who can and canno pull off a good build. I will say it again, A poorly designed SAS will make you widh you stayed IFS!
I didnt notice where he was from..I just saw the question and thought, uh oh, here comes a good ol cajun ass whoopin.

·
The Green Seal
3,721 Posts
darketernal, bigred05 and muddy01z71 (sp?) have done it search there threads for particulars

dunno if you wanna have to dive into links which you would have to do to use any of that dodge crap

no real good affordable kit for a truck like yours... you would really just benefit from fabbing one up yourself

id get rid of the 246 all together personally... you can drop a 241 in easy as pie and get it to work stock and you can still keep your console contrary to popular belief

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
im still kicking around what the hell im gonna do about my transfer case....tried to find some numbers on it to varify model but didnt recognize shit.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,894 Posts
Dustin... Mike(bigred05) did a sas on a 2005... i think he has a build thread on fullsize chevy you may be able to get some info from...

I know he has PSC hydro assist steering.. i think he has the stock t case... not sure if its the 261 or 246 and not sure what he did about the abs..

and for anyone that thinks Dustin is just a noob that dont know shit here is his truck built by him and his freind

1 - 20 of 83 Posts