GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They bagged a 98 S-10 (sure it wasn't a fullsize, but it was like the second time ever they they've bagged something) They used an Air Ride Tech 3 link in the rear and bags, cups, and ART control arms up front. Looked like 1/2" line. After they were done it still was 3" off the ground when laid out. All they had to cut off in the rear was the bumpstop and some of the frame up front which is good if you plan on putting it back to factory or taking the bags off later, but I'd like to see him do something hard. This was just all bolt on, not even a C-notch. He mounted the tank, compressor, and valves to some wood and then put it in the bed. I'm not bitching cause I love some of the stuff they do on the show, they just need to go a little farther with it I think. All in all though it was pretty tight. They wired up the new digital gauges from ART and had the key FOB for the bags also. I just wished it laid out.

·
Wal-mart sucks
30 Posts
I missed it this weekend :flame:

That sounds like a decent show. Most all of the other ones stacey is turning it into an offroading rig, which is awesome, but it's nice to see change once in a while. I'm sure it will be on again in a few months though.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I wished he did do more stuff on street trucks. The most I've ever seen him lower a truck on the 88-04 is 2/4. And you're right most all of the shows are about 4WD next week he's going to be suping up a diesel.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
What about project Copperhead? That C-10 is gunna be crazy with that 572 in it. And didn't he do a 02 Silverado a while back? I'm sure he lowered that thing a lot more than 2/4, from what I remember it looked like a 3/5. He also did a brake and rims upgrade, and he put a hard tonneau cover on it, and a flipper style cowl hood. But they do seem to do a lot more on 4WD and off roadin trucks. But the point of the S-10 episode last Saturday was to show people an easy way to bag their truck without doing something that might be beyond the skills that some people have.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I understand the point of the episode, but I just wish they would do something a little harder than bolt on stuff. The copperhead was bad ass, I just wished he would've used the doors he shaved and the tailgate he put the license box into on it, that was one of their best episodes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wish he would get away from all the lifts, diesel tech, and project overviews. He does need to do some more custom stuff, even if it takes more than one episode to complete it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i think that he has bad taste,or if it isnt that maybe they just dont wanna show, in their opinion, a hacked-up truck.
I.E. huge frame notch, cut up bed, cut out fenders, truck that actually sits nice with a good looking(big) wheel and tire combo, etc.....

·
Registered
559 Posts
when it comes to the slammed sport truck aspect he is really old school and isnt into all of the new trends,but when he goes big and lifts a ford or f/s chevy then he usually knows what to do

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't believe he put 18's on it, and I agree with how he doesn't wanna show a hacked up truck. He seemed to make a big to do about how he didn't have to cut anything. What's the point of spending like 4K or more on ART and when laid out you're still 3" from the ground. The guys truck they did it on lives about a hour away from me. I don't know him, but have seen the truck, but not on bags.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I missed it, dammit. Oh well I bet I could teach them a thing or two about bagging a S-10

·
Registered
639 Posts
it was a way to get the truck on bags, cheaply but good. I bet that system is a SOLID ride, and it was a good do it yourself. I wish I could get my truck on that show, to get some free work!! LOL

If you missed it I think you can order the DVD or something.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just wanna see Discovery do a show on customizing fullsized trucks, like they did with American Chopper

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
atomoverride said:
it was a way to get the truck on bags, cheaply but good. I bet that system is a SOLID ride, and it was a good do it yourself. I wish I could get my truck on that show, to get some free work!! LOL

If you missed it I think you can order the DVD or something.

Nothin cheap about a kit from airride :read: And I bet it rides great, just doenst lay out.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
what happened to the other guy from trucks? They used to show some pretty badass trucks, once they had a old school blazer, drop top, bagged on 20s. It was siiiiic.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The kit from ART they installed lists for aprox. $3567 and I think they used a bigger compressor.
I would have liked to seen them install the road grater kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts