GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting one 10'' or 12'' subwoofer and put it under my back seat. Just want one, so I dont take up to much space in the back. Anyone sell a custom box or know where I can get one small enough to put in the back and put the seat down for a 2007 NNBS Crew Cab LS

Thanks, Trey

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
dont go probox.. to expensive.. subthump.com is the best i have found and heard of.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'd just build one like you want it. Even enclosures that are sold for single subs still take up almost the whole space under the seat.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'd just build one like you want it. Even enclosures that are sold for single subs still take up almost the whole space under the seat.
:thumbsup: I agree on this route. It is not hard to build your own box. It might take you a little time if you never tried it before but, in the end you will feel like you accomplished something. If you know how to work your wood and cut straight you will be fine lol.

Get a huge sheet of 3/4 mdf from lowes it goes about $25 a sheet depending on where you live. Several diff tools/ways to build a box but just get some liquid nails/silicone, some 1-1/2 to 2" drywall screws but make sure you pre drill the holes first with a bit so it does not split the mdf.. You can cut the subwoofer holes with a jigsaw or the ghetto way if you don't have the correct tool is to draw the circle then take a large drill bit all the way around it drilling holes until the cutout is gone. The 2nd way is LOL but it does work you gotta use what you got and you would have to take a file or sander around the cutout to smooth it. If you go the 2nd route make sure you keep the drill bit inside of the circle diameter and not outside of it or you might have a bigger cutout hole. You can always take away wood but not put it back... "Insert dirty thought here".

GL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts