GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know the ID, OD and overall length of the stock OBS coil. also on the OBS 2wd frame there is a coil retainer that looks like a holesaw on the inside of the frame. i neeed someone to help me out and telling me the measurements oon the inside of that coil retainer. anyone that could help me out would be awesome. ive got some secret plans in the work that could help out a certain group of people(offroad scene)

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
I should be doing this in a couple days. I'll let you know :)

·
JOSHM on your g/fs tits
626 Posts
My coils are actually in the back of my truck, Ill get the measurents tomorow. My trucks in storage but its bagged so no retainer measurment

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, thats my arm.

41xx steel is a family of high-strength low-alloy (HSLA) steels, as specified by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Alloying elements include chromium and molybdenum, and as a result these materials are often referred to as chromoly steel, or cro-mo, or CRMO. They have an excellent strength to weight ratio, are easily welded and are considerably stronger and more durable than standard 1020 steel.

Examples of applications for 4130 include structural tubing, bicycle frames, AK-47 receivers, clutch and flywheel components, and roll cages. They are also used in aircraft and therefore 41xx grade structural tubing is sometimes referred to as "aircraft tubing".

·
JOSHM on your g/fs tits
626 Posts
no the engineeer dude that asked the ?, Ill have those measurments tonight when I get back in town and go by my truck

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah. i gotcha, and thanks again.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
yup, thats my arm.

41xx steel is a family of high-strength low-alloy (HSLA) steels, as specified by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Alloying elements include chromium and molybdenum, and as a result these materials are often referred to as chromoly steel, or cro-mo, or CRMO. They have an excellent strength to weight ratio, are easily welded and are considerably stronger and more durable than standard 1020 steel.

Examples of applications for 4130 include structural tubing, bicycle frames, AK-47 receivers, clutch and flywheel components, and roll cages. They are also used in aircraft and therefore 41xx grade structural tubing is sometimes referred to as "aircraft tubing".

I don't get it...that's your arm not "Aircraft tubing". It's like false advertising.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Matt.719
301 Posts
dont forget we need the STOCK obs 2wd COIL deminsions and ALSO THE STOCK SHOCK measurements.

this project is gunna be awesome:shake:

4130 tatted is pretty original. It relates to him so thats why he got it. Fabrication is his thing.

·
JOSHM on your g/fs tits
626 Posts
stock and drop coils should be the same dia. dezert1500 posted a dim. and so did I, 0.80 is roughly 13/16''

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coil Diameter
ok, thanks

OD- 5-13/16
ID- 4-7/8
OBS drop coil
didnt measure Bar

And the 4130 is pretty original,
drop coils is fine just doesnt have the over all length. again thanks

still only know of 1 other dude with this tat, and hes like my brother so its all good

Did you even read the thread? He wanted stock measurements...
read above reply

dont forget we need the STOCK obs 2wd COIL deminsions and ALSO THE STOCK SHOCK measurements.

this project is gunna be awesome:shake:

4130 tatted is pretty original. It relates to him so thats why he got it. Fabrication is his thing.
actually we shouldnt need the stock shock measurement, since we will be redesigning everything. and yup, fab is what i do. it relaxes me and keeps my mind occupied since ive had mild depression going on for about the past year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts