GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have found these on some sites. I got a obs lbrc it has a 350 tbi i got a rcx 6 inch lift and running 36x13.5x15. I want a little more motor. I got a set of heads off a chevelle that went 11.5s in the 1/4. These things are ported and polished to the hill have duty valve springs 202 valves. I want to stick them on my motor. My problem is intakes. these are the old style heads. I know i can grind the middle bolt holes out. The thing is its still just a stock intake. I was think i could run this adapter. keep my tbi and run a better intake to boot. all yeah i am going to put a cam in to nothing giant something for lowend torque. I will post the site http://www.summitracing.com/search/...to-Carbureted-Manifold-Adapters/?autoview=SKU let me know if anyone else is running these. comments about them good or bad thanks guys

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
looks like a vacuum leak waiting to happen, you goin to upgrade your TB/fuel system while your at it?

your heads and cam will only flow as much as your TB will allow. if its possible i would go carb'd or a aftermarket fuel system

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to add this for now then go with a carb or something diffrent later sort of like haveing fuel injection. couldnt i got with a tb off a 454 or would that be to much

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
If your gonna use a 454 throttle body then you'll have to bore the holes to 2 inches on the adapter.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
i have a 454 tb...

i also have the factory adaptor that goes on a spread bore intake for the 454 TB.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you run them on anything? did it run? anything else. I sort of figured I would probaly have to get a prom done. what about a adjustable pressure reg. could i run the 454 with the pressure turned down. would i be able to get it to run ok. It might be to lean then .

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bought an AFI fuel injection conversion for my '71 350. It had the adapter and seems to work fine.

·
Your HID Preferred Vendor
2,595 Posts
Jesus lord, please dont convert something fuel injection to carb!!! talk about going backwords. there are some awesome fuel injection kits out there for any kind of application and power your looking for. there are lots of options for running carbeurated heads. I probably would have sold the chevelle heads and gone with the vortec heads and tbi adapter there if it were me, but if I like to keep it simple because reliability and low maintenance are important to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts