GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw these at Tx heatwave but wasnt able to buy it at the show, didnt have the space for it. Any way the box is coated like a pro box looked well built the name is Atrend. Its significantly cheaper than probox and has more mounting depth, has anyone ever tried one?

A152-12 Dual 12" Down Firing Ultra Deep airspace per sub:0.93 mounting depth:7.00

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
damn! like 120 for the 07+ CC box. Pretty sweet!

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
Where the hell are the prices? I like those.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Im not going to be ordering my shit for my system till later on this year. Its my Xmas present. Hopefully by then someone wil have tried it and given some insight. Im hoiping to just run 2 10s as Ive read 12's dont do too well under the seats.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Damn that shit is nice! I think I'll order one soon and suff it with a Soundstream, JL Audio or an Orion DVC.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up finding a distributor for this sub box here in DFW and bought it cheaper than at heatwave. It is very well built and fits perfect I now have more leg room in the back, I use to have a forward firing carpeted box for my two 12s this one sounds a ton better.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I was quoted at 160 plus shipping from the company for a dual 10" box for my CC.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
you can also get them at best buy's website for dirt ass cheap.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
Im not going to be ordering my shit for my system till later on this year. Its my Xmas present. Hopefully by then someone wil have tried it and given some insight. Im hoiping to just run 2 10s as Ive read 12's dont do too well under the seats.
False. I have 2 12s and it hits nice for only having 1/4 the power they should. Its all about matching the subs to the airspace. A set of Kicker Solo Classics (my next speakers) would JAM!

·
Registered
107 Posts
These boxes are available from many online sources, w/ varying prices. Looks like the carpeted versions are $40-$50 cheaper than the bed linered ones...

I may get a carpeted one and refinish it...

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
These boxes are available from many online sources, w/ varying prices. Looks like the carpeted versions are $40-$50 cheaper than the bed linered ones...

I may get a carpeted one and refinish it...
I thought abotu a carpeted one bc I plan to lay suede in the future.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just ordered one for my CC, I'll review it when it arrives...

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea...dont get 12s cause they will thump too hard and hit the floor of the truck and break. no bueno when that happens

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to create an account just to chime in here, n/p.

I thought the same thing and bought my first box from best buy and it turned out to be pretty cheaply built. Sending it back would cost more than what I'd get on refund. sold it for $30 and cut my losses.

Picked up what looked like the identical box from http://www.12volt-travel.com/mobile-audio-video-hardware-subwoofer-enclosures-empty-c-20_466.html and it was hardcore heavy duty. Built like a brick shit house.

Pay attention to the wall thickness of your boxes. if the lumber used is thin the box can flex and you'll loose sound quality and response.

Thicker heavier boxes make better harder bass and less distorted sound.

·
official cat dragger
1,640 Posts
I had to create an account just to chime in here, n/p.

I thought the same thing and bought my first box from best buy and it turned out to be pretty cheaply built. Sending it back would cost more than what I'd get on refund. sold it for $30 and cut my losses.

Picked up what looked like the identical box from http://www.12volt-travel.com/mobile-audio-video-hardware-subwoofer-enclosures-empty-c-20_466.html and it was hardcore heavy duty. Built like a brick shit house.

Pay attention to the wall thickness of your boxes. if the lumber used is thin the box can flex and you'll loose sound quality and response.

Thicker heavier boxes make better harder bass and less distorted sound.

x2

ive heard good things about the audio enhancer boxes posted in the link. I have a subthump box and I love it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts