GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used these Ebay 2" drop spindles? I want to buy the MCgauphy's but they are $260.. Wondering how these compare, before I buy.

Going on a daily driven truck, I have to get rid of these DJM Lower control arms, the bump steer is terrible. I've always read that spindles & springs work much better than the drop-arms so I am going to give it a try. For my NBS '05 sierra 2wd crew cab

Thanks,
-Gibson

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: Anyone used 'Spindle Source' or 'Street Edge' $150 EBAY 2" drop spindles? any goo

I wouldn't waist the money on them . The one set that I helped install we could not get the camber correct not real sure why it made the camber off so bad but we switched it to McGaughty spindles and we were able to get it aligned, and had less bump steer.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Re: Anyone used 'Spindle Source' or 'Street Edge' $150 EBAY 2" drop spindles? any goo

Anyone ever used these Ebay 2" drop spindles? I want to buy the MCgauphy's but they are $260.. Wondering how these compare, before I buy.

Going on a daily driven truck, I have to get rid of these DJM Lower control arms, the bump steer is terrible. I've always read that spindles & springs work much better than the drop-arms so I am going to give it a try. For my NBS '05 sierra 2wd crew cab

Thanks,
-Gibson
Don't know about their drop spindles but a few members in the lifted section run their 3" lift spindles with no problems

·
Registered
16 Posts

I got a set of the street edge ones from the suspension source through ebay and I'm really impressed with them for the money. I haven't gone for an alignment yet and I just did a tape measure toe adjustment, but my camber appears the same as before. The truck drives straight and doesn't pull after swapping, so any camber or caster changes from the factory spindles must be even left to right.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

Id sell you my 17"+ McGs if youre interested [MENTION=32079]maroon88iroc[/MENTION]

·
Registered
341 Posts

i have a set on my truck and I hate them. horrible bump steer. im taking them off and going with some Belltechs or MCG

·
Registered
264 Posts

Rule of thumb for suspension is stay away from eBay stuff. For slightly more $$ you can get a good quality product and have no headache down the road.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts

I have a set on my NNBS, no complaints at all especially for the price. They seem to be well made to me, and I think they're the same height as stock IIRC.

·
Registered
206 Posts

I'm runnign susp source spindles and love them,good price too!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
nbs 2wd single cab
373 Posts

Damn your awesome! THANKS
I couldn't believe that price, but they are the real thing when they showed up.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I have a question... About mcg spindles. I have em on my 09.. And it rides very nice. Weird thing is... The upper ball joint didn't sit fully inserted into the spindle. Another guy I know has em the same. Is it a purposeful thing that mcg leaves the ball joint just a bit higher than normal?

·
The Lowering Experts
1,670 Posts

We are NOT the Spindle Source from eBay guys. We go by thesuspensionsource2010 on eBay. I am aware of that company but not their products. I do a sure you that our spindles are compareable to the big brands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts