GMC Truck Forum banner

Anyone Using Hid's on 14' Sierras?

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  m6ar2cel6o 
#1 ·
I recently bought a 2014 nnnbs sierra. Looking to upgrade those halogen bulbs with hids. I know they use 9006 bulbs. Anyone running 5ks? I have a slt so it has the leds. I think 5ks would prob be the closest to match. Anyway besides the hid kit. What else is needed? Relay harness? & the Can-bus anti flicker really necessary? Thanks

#2 ·
Also anyone have a source to projectors or retro fit fog lights to match with the headlights? I also want to clear my the orange reflectors out of my headlights. Maybe do more. Someone knows of anyone that works on em? Im new to this sorry if im on the wrong tread

#3 ·
Hit up fastws6. He's got a sierra and has done it already. Also does retrofits.

#8 ·
Alright thanks guys. Only confused because some guys say 35 watt 4500k bulbs match up. While others say 5k 55watt match up as well. Ill figure it out. Thanks again
dont put 55watt in low beams. esp. projectors. and 55watt bulbs are a little more white because of how bright they are iirc

#14 ·
I'm happy with my 55w ballasts. Why not put them in the projectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure your OEM projectors are going to melt with a 55w setup. They aren't designed to handle that much heat. But let us know. I can sell you a brand new set of projectors when those burn through. :D

#16 ·
According to Phil at fastheadlights, he said 55 watt would be so bright that it would be to dark over the cut off line to see anything

Sent from Tapashit
This.

35w & 4300s are perfect for these trucks. It was an expensive trial and error lol.

Very clean, super white, plenty of output and matches the LEDs perfect. Top of that your shit won't melt. Gl on w/e you do. Post some pics of your new set up so we can compare a little. Especially since Robbie keeps wanting to sword fight me too. No more pics Yeti :thumbsup:

#17 ·
I wasn't the one inviting you over to the house. :gayfight:

#19 ·
5000k 55watt is like 35w 4300k. when you go with 55w it is brighter then 35 watt but the color output is always 1000k less in color temp. for example i have 6k 35 watt morimoto hids and my wife has 6k 55 watt morimoto hids and hers looks more white without a lil tint of blue 6k gives then my 35w.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.