GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Re: anyone what a ss silverado

IT ARRIVED TO MY FACILITY TODAY AND I HAVE DISCOVERED SOME MINOR ADDITIONAL DAMAGE THAT WAS NOT DISCLOSED TO ME AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.
minor damage? How the fuck did he miss damage on that truck.

that pic looks kindof creepy. But the rest of that truck is pretty much trash. If anyone bought it, they'd have to put atleast 20k into getting the cab, hood, and interior back to stock, and it would have a salvage title.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts

2k1slvrdo said:
minor damage? How the fuck did he miss damage on that truck.

that pic looks kindof creepy. But the rest of that truck is pretty much trash. If anyone bought it, they'd have to put atleast 20k into getting the cab, hood, and interior back to stock, and it would have a salvage title.
:word: I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 foot pole, looks to be a total loss IMO :superhack

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

LOL...he said all that is wrong with the engine is the hood shield melted on top of it, and some plastic pieces are warped...LOL they are fucken fried IMO....

·
Registered
49 Posts

Actually, as far as rebuilders go, the price it is at now isnt bad. My guess is this guy got scammed. At those auctions, a lot of times you dont get to visually inspect these vehicles, there is a closed circuit video camera system that shows the vehicles. Sometimes guys get scammed cause everything isnt shown or disclosed during the auction. Others get a deal, one of our friends who goes to the auctions bought a ranger thinking it was a 2wd, got it for a 2wd's price, and it turned out it was a 4wd.

It looks to me that the battery came loose more than likely, landed on the inner fender and the sparks started, and the wiring harness started on fire from there. Hence the burned engine compartment/interior.

$8000 is cheap for any new vehicle in this condition. Fixing it could be done for less then another $8000. I would say around $5000.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts

91_bowtie said:
You think this can be fixed for $5000? :LOL:

Every piece of wire would have to be replaced in that :eek: Not to mention seats/console/carpet/headliner/seals/ductwork/etc.

And even if you did all of that it would still be a truck that had a huge interior fire in the past and nobody would really want it...at least i wouldn't!

·
Registered
49 Posts

91_bowtie said:
You think this can be fixed for $5000? :LOL:

Ya, I do. Im not saying replace it with new stuff. A lot of times you can buy one that cant be repaired for the parts. You find a vehicle that has been rolled, has every body part smashed and severe frame damage, All you need is the wiring harness, and the various plastic pieces under the hood, hoses, and then the interior.

You may not want one thats been repaired, but if the work is done by a qualified person and it is quality work, you cant tell the difference. If you look at the pickup my dad has you wouldnt even know it was ever totally smashed up other than the broken airdam we didnt bother replacing since it would just get ripped off anyways.

So if the sheet metals made to fit right, sanded down, painted up, interior reinstalled, wiring harness all replaced, motor made to run in tip top shape, all for less than $20000, you're telling me you wouldnt want an SS? Well thats fine, but there are tons who would kill for it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

AntiBling said:
Ya, I do. Im not saying replace it with new stuff. A lot of times you can buy one that cant be repaired for the parts. You find a vehicle that has been rolled, has every body part smashed and severe frame damage, All you need is the wiring harness, and the various plastic pieces under the hood, hoses, and then the interior.
If we were talking about a typical silverado, I'd say maybe, but you aren't going to find the SS specific parts and get the job done for $5000. You'd spend at least $2500 on bodywork alone. Add another $1200 for the computer and all the lost wiring, and that only leaves you with $1300 for the interior. The seats alone would run you $1000. Now you have to find all new glass, a complete dash, guages, stereo, speakers, ductwork, pillar panels, door panels, carpet, etc for $350. If you bought them all for less than $3000, you found a great deal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts