GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think this console came outta the HDs, jw if anyone had it in there rcsb and if you have any pics. also i am told i will need to buy a new glove compartment?? i have a rcsb 1/2 ton the truck in my sig

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
that console came in ALL 03-07 classic extended, crew cab, and SUVs depending on the trim type.

it will fit in your 02, you'll need the glovebox surround from any of the vehicles that had this console. Only thing is with your 02 there will be like an inch gap between your dash bezel and the top of your console. A guy on performancetrucks.net has a RC with that one in it. Just do a search here or over there for more info, its been discussed quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have that exact console in my 2000. What do you want to know?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Here is mine..you need the console and the under dash piece on passenger side(glove box trim piece) to matte up agaisnt the console. Jsut remopve your seats...switch dahs pieces.....replace console...reinstlal seats...done

For the glovebox piece just search on all the forums...always find one

Lights041.gif

·
Registered
745 Posts
I put that in my 05' Crew plus glove box assy ($135 @ NEWGMPARTS.com). Fit perfectly.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
can you give a direct link to the part on the newgmparts.com, i was not able to find it on there

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
$135 is a ripoff IMO, its a small piece of plastic. Nothing to it, I gave $10 at my local junkyard.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
i think that he must have paid 135 for the console and the glove box

·
Registered
745 Posts
The junkyards here in Vegas didn't have any and the part was brand new so I didn't mind the price. I think the part number was #15807855. Try that part number at other GM parts sites and they'll all be different in price plus add your color trim number when you order usually with an email tag to the place your ordering from so they don't mess it up.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
#15807855 didnt work

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yeah I must have that for another part I needed, try this link.

http://www.newgmcparts.com/gmcparts.htm

Look under instrument panel and go from there, its $124 here but in only two colors neutral/pewter. It won't show the part number just description.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
if you know where it is post the actuall link that web site is a pita i can not find it in the instrument panel either.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just input your truck under GMC parts (second option), Replacement Parts, select model, click second option on right (shaded yellow area), select instrument panel and go from there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts