GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2004 RCSB Silverado LS - 5.3 w/cam, stall, intake, lt headers and full exhaust
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing that my truck is lowered on right now is some discontinued hotchkis lowering springs up front, some lowering leafs in the back - factory style (and very worn edelbrock shocks on all 4 corners). Based on the truck's stance I'd venture to guess it's something close to a 2/4 drop. I've just recently purchased and taken delivery of - double adjustable qa1 pro coilover kit for the front, double adjustable qa1 shocks for the rear, caltracs, calvert racing split mono leaf springs for the rear (-1" drop), and an eaton truetrac rear carrier. I've also bought new rubber all around with Nitto NT555R2s out back. The truck will have a turbo kit + nitrous installed within the next year or so and I'm trying to get the suspension up to par for the extra power it will need to handle on the launch. I've been back and forth on whether or not I want to purchase rear sliders for the leaf springs. The primary reasons I'm making this post are to find out which people in here have a 2wd drag setup on their NBS, if any of you guys have these particular parts, how the truck sits in the rear (if you have lowering shackles or sliders please add that info), etc. Please include pics if possible and of course any advice/pointers are appreciated! Sorry for the rambling :)

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any chance you want to part with the Hotchkis coils and leaf springs?
I'm not 100% sure the rear leafs are Hotchkis. I'm in Chicago for the weekend so once I get home I can verify. When I get them off the truck I'll sell them to ya. How much you gonna give me for them? :)

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do that and get some caltracs
I actually just got the Caltracs (in original post parts list). You're just referring to slightly better geometry in the rear suspension during the launch I assume? The QA1s I have are too long to mount vertically. But I could just relocate the right one to the back to match the left.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Okay I thought I read caltracs in there but my eyes were going buggy from work. Yes. This is what I am talking about

You want this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay I thought I read caltracs in there but my eyes were going buggy from work. Yes. This is what I am talking about

You want this.
I appreciate the suggestion! I've already installed the QA1s so I can't return them now - and they'd still be a tad too long to operate properly with that set up. I think my only option at this point is relocating the right shock/mount to the back of the axle housing in the same position as the left side. I may look into this when my QA1s start going south.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

You want this.

I used my old natural gas pipe for the upper cross member, and cut the upper mounts out an mobile home tongue. Free 99.

Not a fan of Viking shocks/coil overs. Atomic is A1.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I appreciate the suggestion! I've already installed the QA1s so I can't return them now - and they'd still be a tad too long to operate properly with that set up. I think my only option at this point is relocating the right shock/mount to the back of the axle housing in the same position as the left side. I may look into this when my QA1s start going south.
that’ll be in a week or two.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

Another one. Gotta move them shocks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I used my old natural gas pipe for the upper cross member, and cut the upper mounts out an mobile home tongue. Free 99.

Not a fan of Viking shocks/coil overs. Atomic is A1.
Hey I'm not mad at ya! If it's available to you especially for free, why not use it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah I still have the factory tube, not very low lol I will just run that.
I’ve heard a lot of good about viking. You are the first I’ve heard that didn’t like them, why not? They should get here in a week or so but the wait is killing me. I still gotta order some other parts before I install.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts