GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yeah I still have the factory tube, not very low lol I will just run that.
I’ve heard a lot of good about viking. You are the first I’ve heard that didn’t like them, why not? They should get here in a week or so but the wait is killing me. I still gotta order some other parts before I install.
Iv broken many Vikings coil over sets. From snapping the shaft, to the spring perch ripping out the body of the shock.

They cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
2004 RCSB Silverado LS - 5.3 w/cam, stall, intake, lt headers and full exhaust
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Always had shock fade issues with them.

Over rated junk. $20-$60 more for fox.
Interesting. I've done quite a bit of digging online and it seems few and far between there have been issues with them. Have you had more than one set?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just ordered a set a couple weeks ago haha still waiting on delivery.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Interesting. I've done quite a bit of digging online and it seems few and far between there have been issues with them. Have you had more than one set?
Two smooth body’s, and one coil over. Liked them enough to own 3 sets. There night and day coming from bell techs or other over rated shocks.

But they don’t hold up for more than a year.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bitch cx makin me go find one

Dropping it to either a 2/4 or a 3/5 this weekend or next.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Reactions: JLGMT82

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tires too big, have the wrong shocks, don't think I'd like the scrapage in DFW, something else that I can't remember

Also gay

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Tires too big, have the wrong shocks, don't think I'd like the scrapage in DFW, something else that I can't remember

Also gay
All I hear is excuses.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You sir are exactly right. After these tires and shocks wear out I will probably drop it again. I just gotta see how I like it. Really hoping I can fit a 3/5 with what I got. I'll find out this weekend.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
You sir are exactly right. After these tires and shocks wear out I will probably drop it again. I just gotta see how I like it. Really hoping I can fit a 3/5 with what I got. I'll find out this weekend.
I ran a 4/6 all through high schools with factory 20s. 275/55r20 I believe, zero issues there.

6” flip kit vs 5” or 4” rear drop is my only recommendation. The 4”/5” hanger drops are a pain to install. A lot of rivets, lot of grinding, and you have to drop the tank. Plus if you ever wanna go even an inch lower you have to take all that off and run a flip kit.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I ran a 4/6 all through high schools with factory 20s. 275/55r20 I believe. Had to roll the bedside inner fender lip, but that was the only issue there.

6” flip kit vs 5” or 4” rear drop is my only recommendation. The 4”/5” hanger drops are a pain to install. A lot of rivets, lot of grinding, and you have to drop the tank. Plus if you ever wanna go even an inch lower you have to take all that off and run a flip kit.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Really? I'm on 265/50r20 right now and again I don't think my shocks are going to fit the drop correctly. Dropping the tank does suck fat cock though although I saw you can do it with just loosening the straps.

Edit: I'm retarded my shocks would fit but I am not trynna drop any more cash right now lol
maybe next year :)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Really? I'm on 265/50r20 right now and again I don't think my shocks are going to fit the drop correctly. Dropping the tank does suck fat cock though although I saw you can do it with just loosening the straps.

Edit: I'm retarded my shocks would fit but I am not trynna drop any more cash right now lol
maybe next year :)

The six circles are the rivets. I’m not a lazy man, but how are you gonna drive them rivets out with the bed and tank in the way?

Also this was ass backwards. I went 4” to 6” Flip kit. And still pulled bed and tank.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The way I saw it was you shift the tank over to the right. The bed is coming off anyways to remount my shocks so it really doesn't matter :D

21 - 39 of 39 Posts