GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did you put your amp? I looked at my truck (00 GMC) and not a whole lot of room if there is a box under the rear seat. On my 95 I put it under the LH front seat but the gmc has power seats and airvents under there.
Any options? I like the ProBox as I had one in my 95 but the amp poses a problem.

LK

·
Registered
658 Posts
umm...my amp is just sitting on top or my box for now...but im goign to mount it behind the rear seat against the wall...

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
i put mine on the back wall you realy dont have to bolt it down i drove mine around for a year before i made a amp rack and put it on

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stoute said:
i put mine on the back wall you realy dont have to bolt it down i drove mine around for a year before i made a amp rack and put it on
How much room is behind the rear seat? Can you still fold it up afterwards? How does the rear seat back come off?

LK

·
Registered
183 Posts
The rear seat is held on with four nuts. The studs come out of the floor. There is enough room behind the seat to mount two amps and an eq. You could possibly squeeze more back there too. I am moving my mono bass amp to inside the bottom of the rear seat so when you lift it up you can see it behind plexiglass. I am gonna cool it with two computer fans, one pushing one pulling.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
There is maybe 3 inches back there... plenty of room to fit an amp. You will need to cut the sound deadening material. It sucks anyways. I have all my amps, and caps mounted back there on a amp rack.

·
Registered
658 Posts
hey guys who have mounted amp racks back behind the seat....what did you use...like did you take a board and srew that to the wall then mount the amps to that....and also how much room is there to screw into the metal...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts