GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone order a 4/6 drop from mcguaghy's? any problems with the kit. i called mcguaghy's and the guy said all i need is the rear shocks and the stock fronts are fine for the kit...are they better than belltech and djm? because mcguaghy's cost $528 while others are $399. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
It never bottomed out when I had my 4/6 drop.

I have stock shocks up front on my Sierra, so I don't see why you couldn't use them on a 4/6.

I have McGauhy's 2" spindles on my truck and love them, I'd buy their kit forsure.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
with the DJM 4/6 I had it was close to stock
I got the 2" Mcgaughy's spindles so I wouldn't have as much camber up front, but I think they nmay have helped the ride a little bit.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
2/4 drop doesn't really need a c-notch. Just make sure that you leave some sort of a bumpstop in there...- that is what they are for.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
2/4 drop doesn't really need a c-notch. Just make sure that you leave some sort of a bumpstop in there...- that is what they are for.
Werd man! You don't need a notch with a 2/4. Mines 5 in the back and I hardly bottom out.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You can order the spindles with a spacer and you can still run 16's, but I'm not forsure how the spacer works.

If you don't get it you can only run a 20" wheel (MAYBE 19") without doing any modification. If you want to run anything less you have to grind the bolt on the balljoint down or it will hit the inside of the rim, they don't tell you that until you get the instructions.

To make it easy on ya just by my 20" Maxim's off me :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
way2hi said:
You can order the spindles with a spacer and you can still run 16's, but I'm not forsure how the spacer works.

If you don't get it you can only run a 20" wheel (MAYBE 19") without doing any modification. If you want to run anything less you have to grind the bolt on the balljoint down or it will hit the inside of the rim, they don't tell you that until you get the instructions.

To make it easy on ya just by my 20" Maxim's off me :)
how much?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts