GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a few more little things clear up im going to be ordering stuff to bag my truck my damn self so far here is what i have planned out

Cool ride w/ uca & lca

Kp 4-link w/canti
2bags for kp (doesnt come with bags?)

tanks (2) 6 gallon

valves (4) 1/2 up (4) 3/8 dumps

wire & 1/2 hose

fittings ????

oh yea i already got an air commader but i think i want to switch out the pressure switch for something rated a little higher

im thinking all this is in the 'hood of 2.5k

am i missing anything?

·
layin big rubber
1,456 Posts
i have a lot of 1/2in fittings im trying to sell

not sure if it will be enuff to bag ur truck with but it will be a good start

all brand new fittings,
i have a list of them over on fsc
but if u make me a sweet deal, i'll let them go
make a reasonable offer

also i have some brand new s-door monster notches

u didn't say anything about having notches

laters

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
If you can, get 6 1/2 inch valves and 3/8 dumps for the front. No need to have a 3/8" dump for the rear.

and yes, depending on what valves you get, depends what fittings you may need. Also the tank/s that you get w/ how many porst matters too.

Get slam bags all around.

And depending on how much room and your backspacing on the 22's you have, you might want to skip the UCA's since you could use a little extra negavite camber to get the 22's to tuck a little better since they are going to sit on the fenders.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
you forgot the body drop :read:

go with 1/2 all around... you can always put reducers on them if its too fast... I think my truck is actually kindof slow on the dumps, and i'm running 1/2s.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'd recomend atleast one electric compressor as a back up, just incase you sling a belt and don't have an extra.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
grounded said:
I'd recomend atleast one electric compressor as a back up, just incase you sling a belt and don't have an extra.
What's your air setup, I don't think I've ever seen it .. is it going to be changed with the new suspension?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
he's running an engine driven. Innovative sells complete fittings kits. I just told larry all my components, and he hooked it up for like $180ish. I've spent about 3g's, and havent even got the ART uca/lca's yet.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is 3/8" not big enough for the rear dumps(no weight)?

im excited about doing this myself now that i have some help from some friends and of course the knowledge of the board

the only thing i have to get a shop to do is tub my firewall because its going to still lay hard when im done...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Downfall said:
is 3/8" not big enough for the rear dumps(no weight)?

im excited about doing this myself now that i have some help from some friends and of course the knowledge of the board

the only thing i have to get a shop to do is tub my firewall because its going to still lay hard when im done...

My rear going down is VERY slow because of the lack of weight. The front going down is relatively quick though because of all the weight of the motor and what not :D

Can't wait to see your truck laid out hard :imo Are you going to get the replacement front crossmember so you can lay full frame?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
bcubed said:
What's your air setup, I don't think I've ever seen it .. is it going to be changed with the new suspension?
I have an engine driven and a small electric comp as a back up, 2 5 gallon tanks are going in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts