GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to pass on (hope this is the right forum) that cardomain.com has the APC Blue White Face Gauge faces for $19.99 .... I had the AIM one which was crap and got this one and love it. The AIM one at night bleed through something awful, the APC one looks really nice at night. Unfortunately the Red one is full price of $59.99
http://www.sounddomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=APC201019B&vq_id=none

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
silverado_dude said:
Thats a really good deal. I think I'm about to order me a set. :cheers:
They really look good, much better than the ones I got from AIM, they even come with a needle removal tool (golf divot tool, lol) and a sticker.

·
Registered
788 Posts
bcubed said:
They really look good, much better than the ones I got from AIM, they even come with a needle removal tool (golf divot tool, lol) and a sticker.

Will this be something I can work on, or should I take it in to be done by a professional??? As of now, I have no clue on what to do to replace this. :help:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
silverado_dude said:
Will this be something I can work on, or should I take it in to be done by a professional??? As of now, I have no clue on what to do to replace this. :help:
We've done it 3 times ... simple explanation, make notes of all your gauges (very important), I even made note of mph at different rpms while driving ... pull off the dash trim (it snaps on and off) it's easiest to open the ashtray and start there, take out 4 bolts to remove the gauge cluster, unplug it (1 plug) take it to a table and remove the shield (slides on and off) remove the needles with the tool provided (be very careful not to break them, be gentle), remove the 4 pins, start on one side and remove the stock face by pulling on it, its stuck on with sticky glue. once it is off take out the trip mileage push button and clean the face up with alcohol or something, continue once clean and dry.

Reinsert the trip/mileage push button, take the new white face and peel off the backing, there are alignment guides at the top and left and right of the gauge, also you can use the needle and pin holes as guides. go slow, 2 people helps as one can help keep the other side from sticking too soon, try not to stick it on misaligned, if you have to pull it back up it can screw it up and peel off some of the numbers, once it is straight press it all down. Put the pins in ... Don't put the needles back on yet .. put the cluster back in and plug it in and start your truck .. now put the needles back on in the right places, the more time you took to document where they were the easier it will be to replace them.

Once the needles are back right put the shield back on and screw the cluster back in. Then snap the surround on and you are done. Again the better you document your gauge settings the easier it will be. I noticed when my truck was off and I turned it to ACC the mph gauge barely lifted off the pin, when you shut it back off it sat on the pin again. Also when your truck is off some of the gauges are at weird settings, then when you switch to ACC they are at different settings, and once running again at still differnt settings ... taking pictures with my digital camera was very helpfull.

It may sound daunting, but it isn't really that bad ...

·
Registered
788 Posts
Appreciate the step-by-step instructions. I'll have to decide if Im gonna do it myself or not. :burnout:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anybody know where or how I can get backlit gauges with a black face? All I can find is white face. :naughty:

·
tschmidt098
173 Posts
bcubed said:
I just wanted to pass on (hope this is the right forum) that cardomain.com has the APC Blue White Face Gauge faces for $19.99 .... I had the AIM one which was crap and got this one and love it. The AIM one at night bleed through something awful, the APC one looks really nice at night. Unfortunately the Red one is full price of $59.99

where can i get white face A/C gauges to match the APC ones and also where can i get a cool bezel that will look good with it

·
Registered
520 Posts
bcubed said:
Do the blue white face gauges cover the warning symbols. I had the APC blue/green indiglo gauges before, and even though it looked really good at night, I had trouble seeing if I had my "brights symbol" or "engine symbol" on. Otherwise, it's looking like the US Speedo gauges. They do look really nice.
Thanks for the photos on the site...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1badazzchevy said:
Do the blue white face gauges cover the warning symbols. I had the APC blue/green indiglo gauges before, and even though it looked really good at night, I had trouble seeing if I had my "brights symbol" or "engine symbol" on. Otherwise, it's looking like the US Speedo gauges. They do look really nice.
Thanks for the photos on the site...
I can see my warning symbols just fine .. my only complaint is at night if I have my dash lights at their brightest they bleed through a little .. not as bad as the old overlay I got from AIM though :banghead:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1badazzchevy said:
Went to the site, and they're showing $59.99 for all gauges. Was it a 1 day special that I missed or do you have to call someone?
This thread is sort of old, plus aren't the gauges on the new trucks slightly different? Maybe just the 99-02s were on sale. Someone makes a gauge cluster that is like blue carbon fiber, that might woudl look good with your color truck, not sure who made it though.

·
Registered
520 Posts
bcubed said:
This thread is sort of old, plus aren't the gauges on the new trucks slightly different? Maybe just the 99-02s were on sale. Someone makes a gauge cluster that is like blue carbon fiber, that might woudl look good with your color truck, not sure who made it though.
I've been searching for a blue metallic or carbon fiber look. If you remember, please let me know! Thanks...The USSpeedo blue looks too soft (if you know what I mean)!

·
Registered
520 Posts
bcubed said:
I think they were made by Eurolite, here's the website Eurolite , they don't list your model truck but they may have it ... they look like this. I can't attest to their quality.

Thanks! They still look like a powder or pastel blue. I'll check out their site, and maybe they'll have a close-up shot of one. Thanks again...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts