GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking around at subs. I have been wanting to put a 12" Fi BL vented behind the seats of my 08 RCSB Silverado matched with my Infinity 1211a amp. But the more I search, the more I can't decide what to do.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
whats your reference point? what subs have you heard or tried?

If your reference point is a Sony Xplode, then it really dosnet matter which of these you get. You will be happy regardless.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
if you have a local dd dealer.. use them

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
i personally would look into DC sound lab, AQ, or Fi.

DD to me seems overpriced to me.:imo

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
dd makes aq correct?

anyways. i have an aq 10" behind my seats... ported. and its amazing. not broke in yet, but its amazing for a 10.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
dd makes aq correct?

anyways. i have an aq 10" behind my seats... ported. and its amazing. not broke in yet, but its amazing for a 10.
which one?

·
Registered
318 Posts
AQ/FI/DD/RE/DC???

Just get whatever you can get the best deal on between those IMO. I was about to go with AQ but the shipping was $40 which equaled $269 total for one 12" so I decided to go with a RE SX 12" older model for $239 BNIB shipped..

:big_banana_Dance:

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
AQ is from the same people as DD but two different companies and two different places. DD is manufactured in okc and idk where aq is. a couple weeks ago my audio guy told me about a sale dd was having $150 for a 12" 1500 series. they 1500s retail at 209 i think. IMO that is a good sub. i have one in my yukon and it shakes everything and will fling water off mirrors and still sounds good.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
be sure to be patient with the break in.. it killed me but i was

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think I'm going to go for the 12" Fi BL because it has a shallower mounting depth of the others by a decent amount and those of you with regular cabs know that extra inch can make a pretty big difference ( or at least thats what she said). If I want more bass then down the line I'll get another and go with 2 Fis in a center console.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
redo the carpet and insulation(sound deaden) on back wall. remove jack, tools and grind down all bolts. o and scoot the seats UP!!! lmao

1 - 18 of 18 Posts