GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a set of these new 'Aqua Series Guages' from US Speedo?

*Without trans temp:

http://www.usspeedo.com/partview.php?part=158&success=

I think they look badass, but I've never bought a US Speedo product before. Do I have to recalibrate it if I buy one or is it plug and play?

Also, there are 2 types for my Tahoe: with or without the trans temp guage. I looked and mine doesn't have a trans temp guage, so does that mean I can't get the one with the trans temp guage? Is it possible to set it up so I can monitor my trans temp?

*With trans temp:

http://www.usspeedo.com/partview.php?part=159&success=

Thanks everyone-

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
it doesnt come complete with the whole cluster, its just the gauge face and needles, so you would get the ones without the trans temp gauge. you have to take apart your old cluster and full the needles and gauge face and replace them with these

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesnt come complete with the whole cluster, its just the gauge face and needles, so you would get the ones without the trans temp gauge. you have to take apart your old cluster and full the needles and gauge face and replace them with these
Wow, forget it then. I thought this was a whole new cluster replacement. That's a rip off then :imo

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
yah its pretty expensive, i have the escalade stainless steel ones with blue letters and matching needles

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
yes, the $500 is just for the face and needles (because its stainless). Its $650 for the whole cluster. I was all about getting one until I emailed them and asked.. Also, the silver lined bezel is another $100+.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
If you did decide to buy a ful cluster though the ones with the trans temp will work in your truck its plug and play!

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics. Looks awesome.
Man that is still expensive :imo

There's so much more I wanna do to my Tahoe and I could put $280 towards something better..... like Katzkins

I'm gonna hold off on this mod.

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like those LEDs in the guage cluster. Is your truck pre '03?

I heard it's not possible to replace the guage bulbs on a '03+ GM truck/suv

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
i think it's possible to replace the LEDs in an 03+ but you have to solder the LEDs and stuff. it's very difficult.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Yah mines a 99....sorry i had a Laps there...03+ you need to soldier int he LED's...which isnt that hard...I did the STICKY on interior LED up top..jsut do that for the cluster...

·
OG
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus with the '03+

I still have my 5mm blue LEDs I ordered awhile ago, but haven't installed them because I don't wanna screw up my HVAC control module. Until I learn more about resistors and wiring, I won't touch anything else electrical.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts