GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the headlights on 03 and up silverados bright or what? whenever im driving i always get people in the oposite direction flash me there high beams even though i dont have mine on, everyone tells me they are really bright when they are infront of me. Tonight someone that was in another truck, dakota, actually started flipping me off, even though i was about 4 car lenghts behind them. i tried to flashed my high beams once to let them know i wasent driving with my highs on, but they even pulled over, flipped me off, then rode my ass with their high beams. Doesnt really bother me, just thought i would ask if neone else notices how bright their lights are

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Didn't you put 2" drop shackles on the back of your rig? That would tilt your front-end up some and you probably need to reaim your headlights.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
my dads silverado is totally stock...stock lighting, stock susp, and he gets people to flash thier brights as him...i want someone to do that to me...good ol quad beam high kit...plus 4 kcs...can't beat that...and if they get on my rear, i got 2 reverse lights, as bright as regular brights, so if they tailgate me, they get blinded...but if you don't wanna piss people off, aim them down a lil bit...but yes, silverados seem to have pretty bright low beams.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yep bright as hell! It's the GMC's too! I get flashed all the time.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I haven't gotten flashed in either of my GMCs (well...at least with people's headlights :naughty: ). Maybe people around here just don't care...:anitoof:

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
haha... people were flipping me off in my 03 silverado, i liked the attention so much i even aimed my headlights a bit higher and got some nokya (i think thats what theyre called) bulbs... i love getting flipped off...

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
brock said:
haha... people were flipping me off in my 03 silverado, i liked the attention so much i even aimed my headlights a bit higher and got some nokya (i think thats what theyre called) bulbs... i love getting flipped off...
:LOL: That's the same ones I use too.

·
'03 Silvy
49 Posts
same here... people always getting pissed at me thinking I have my brights on :naughty:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yup it's a fact they are really bright. I've been flashed many times on my totally stock truck. They get real bitchy when you have the fog/driving lights on.

They day before I got my truck I got blinded by a 03 Silverado on the way home. First time I got flashed it all made sense.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
both our envoy and sierra have some deadly highbeams. low beams aren't too bad, i've never been flipped off in either one. but i pity the fool who doesn't drop their brights.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Black_Chrome said:
Are the headlights on 03 and up silverados bright or what?
its not just the 03 i get it all the time in my 01 but i dont care :guns:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
haha, the same thing happened with me when i first got my Xenarcs. For some reason they aim them insanely high from the factory. I was driving around with them at night, and a bunch of on coming traffic just stopped and started to flash their lights at me. I flashed my highbeams back and lit up the trees. But now i have my lights aimed pretty much right in front of the truck. I don't want to give cops another reason to pull me over

1 - 15 of 15 Posts