GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking for new tires soon and I know 315's are a comparable 35" tire right? So a 325 would be like a 37? Or? Just not sure and I tried searching everywhere so forgive this stupid thread.

Also, what's a common combo for a 325? Like 325/70/17, 325/60/17???

I currently have bfg 35's and I'm just wanting something a bit wider and taller. I know BFG's run a little small. So a 35 is really 34.whatever but anyway I'm really interested in this size. What would yall suggest? My BFG's are 4 years old and still in great shape, so I'm not against going with those again. However, I have been looking at Cooper, Toyo, Kuhmo, etc. Not against an aggressive A/T. Can't stand Nitto A/T, Toyo A/T but there are some all terrains that have a nice slightly aggressive look. Tell me what yall think. I have 4.56 so I want a tire that will still be compatible with that as I pull a trailer 5 days a week too. Suggestions welcome!

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
If they are 325/85/16, yes.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've found that no one is really even offering a 325 for a 17...What's with that?

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow. The tire calculator has 325/60/17 as a 32" tire?? Wtfudge
Yeah I guess. Seems like more people are bumping up wheel sizes nowadays vs. regular 16" but then again that's just on this forum mainly. Real world people stick with stock wheels mostly I guess.

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay the first number 325 represents the diameter right? Second number 325/75/17 represents width? and last is obviously wheel size...Always wondered about this because I've heard conflicting things..

Yeah I hate those measurements too. If I change that middle number by 5 (60, 70, 75) the tire diameter jumps up drastically....Confused!

·
lol u tryna fukc tonight?
6,229 Posts
No idea. :rofl2:

Sounds right. Seeing as though it's 35x12.5r20 for the bigger sizes. Diameter width rim

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
325= section width, 75= section profile, 16= wheel diameter

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
section profile?? So in metric the first number is the width and the second number is somehow the diameter? Makes no sense. Especially sense the first number is 5 times larger than the second...still on teh confuze

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Section profile = height of sidewall.

·
North Raised, South Bound
4,376 Posts

Example: P185/75R14 82S

“P” means this is a passenger car tire (as opposed to a tire made for a truck or other vehicle). P-metric is the U.S. version of a metric tire-sizing system.

“185″ Section Width: The width of the tire in millimeters from sidewall to sidewall. This measurement varies depending on the width of the rim to which the tire is fitted: larger on a wider rim, smaller on a narrow rim. The number on the side of tire indicates the width measured with the tire fitted to the recommended rim width.

“75″ Aspect Ratio: The ratio of height to width; this tire’s height is 75% of its width.

“R” Construction: How the plies are constructed in the tire carcass. “R” means radial. “B” in place of the “R” means the tire is belted bias construction. “D” in place of the “R” means diagonal bias construction.

“14″ Rim Diameter: The diameter of the wheel in inches.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
So much easier when tires just say 37x13.50R16. I hate trying to figure out metric sizes lol. Mine are 325/80R16 for reference.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The first number is the width of the tire. I hate when people talk about getting new tires and they say they want 305s, but they never mention the second number which helps to determine the height of the tire.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Aspect ratio is percentage of width=height, on either side of the wheel if I'm not badly mistaken.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts