702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Blistine 5150's availible for a 2006 2500HD with no lift. It sits stock on
305's. Stupid question I know but i'm just wondering? Thanks

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a certain reason you want 5150s?
The 5100s are a great choice for your truck.
The reason is because I read in another post that you could level the front of your truck with there shocks due to something on them, I cant remember what it was, but that interested me. In the winter I have a plow on my truck and it sags like an old ladys tits up front and I want to put an end to this and thought maybe these shocks would help with that? I'm a rookie when it comes to this kind of stuff, i'm still trying to learn.

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
The shocks wont help with the sag. On your truck, the torsion bars are what keeps your trucks front up (you were probably reading on the NNBS 1/2 ton 5100 leveling kit struts). Your shocks are there just to dampen the ride.
Do you have your front torsion keys cranked at all?

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shocks wont help with the sag. On your truck, the torsion bars are what keeps your trucks front up (you were probably reading on the NNBS 1/2 ton 5100 leveling kit struts). Your shocks are there just to dampen the ride.
Do you have your front torsion keys cranked at all?
Yeah... They're cranked all the way but it still didn't level the truck out. Someone in another post a little while back has said that maybe my current stock shocks are "maxed out". I guess this is possible. So my next question is how do I tell and if they are what would a good shock be to replace my current ones in the front and back?I tow a trailer that sometimes has a skid loader on it and if not that theres a regular trailer on the truck 7days a week, and then in the winter theres a BOSS snow plow on it when it snows. So I want a shock that will hold up well and kind of smooth the ride out as well. My black stock ones have got to go! Even little bumps while towing are a pain in the ass.

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Yeah... They're cranked all the way but it still didn't level the truck out. Someone in another post a little while back has said that maybe my current stock shocks are "maxed out". I guess this is possible. So my next question is how do I tell and if they are what would a good shock be to replace my current ones in the front and back?I tow a trailer that sometimes has a skid loader on it and if not that theres a regular trailer on the truck 7days a week, and then in the winter theres a BOSS snow plow on it when it snows. So I want a shock that will hold up well and kind of smooth the ride out as well. My black stock ones have got to go! Even little bumps while towing are a pain in the ass.
Puts some bags in the rear when you do your shocks. :shrug:

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
The Bilstien 5100s will be great for your rig.
The front are designed for some added lift, so they wont max out with key cranking.
You will definately notice a difference in ride. Night and day difference.
You might want to look into indexed keys as well. They will give you a little more lift without maxing out the keys.
Let me know if you need a price...

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Puts some bags in the rear when you do your shocks. :shrug:
Thats some good advice too if your loading the back alot with payload or a heavy trailer tounge.
Another option for you:
I carry air ride front shocks that can be aired up depending on load. You can run low pressure in them when your unloaded, and air them up when its time to install the plow.
That will take care of your front sag and give you a adjustable ride.
I also carry an on board compressor kit that will air the shocks up by a push of a button. The compressor can also be used to air up rear bags as well.

·
I'd rather be hunting.
492 Posts
Thats some good advice too if your loading the back alot with payload or a heavy trailer tounge.
Another option for you:
I carry air ride front shocks that can be aired up depending on load. You can run low pressure in them when your unloaded, and air them up when its time to install the plow.
I also carry an on board compressor kit that will air the shocks up by a push of a button. The compressor can also be used to air up rear bags as well.
Sounds like a pretty sweet system for a truck that gets some good heavy use. :imo And Jon will give you some good prices.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I need new Bilsteins too, mine are too short :eek:

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The front are designed for some added lift, so they wont max out with key cranking.
You might want to look into indexed keys as well. They will give you a little more lift without maxing out the keys.
Another option for you:
Can you get me a price on all this stuff and let me know how much installation normally runs. Obviously your not located anywhere near me. I just want to know so I have an idea. Thanks

·
2,325 Posts
Reading that makes me even more anxious to get a set and get them on my truck. I currently hate the ES3000s that are on it, they ride like total shit :mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts