GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed when ever I go over speed bumps I hear a squeak/creaking sound coming from my front suspension. Are my bushings going bad already or is it my shocks which are the original shocks. The truck has 72500 miles on it now and I bought with 44500 on it. Keep mind I would say close to 20k of those miles have been driven in Tucson which has the shittiest roads in country and I have been doing of dirt road driving in the last year for school, work, and hunting.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
the stock shocks are shitty and spongy on the coil spring front suspension. With that being said, shocks don't squeak. Have you lubed all your ball joints and front tie rod ends? Visually inspect your control arm bushings as well with a large pry bar for looseness. You can spray some lithium grease around the bushings an go for a test drive and see if the squeaking stops momentarily to help isolate the problem.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay cool. I usually am good about greasing the front end components every oil change, but I havent greased them in almost 6k miles because I did my last oil change in the parking lot of my apartment and I wasnt at my parents house which I have access to the grease gun, In which that should be mine since they never use it, but it runs off an air compressor. I should be more correct its not a squeaky sound its more of a squishy sound. Im leaning towards the shocks being the culprit but the rear is quiet over bumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts