GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bad clatter sound leaving lunch over 40mph, so I put it on the rack and my driver C/V boot was busted. Ordered both c/v axles since I never changed them. And put on the diff drop that’s been riding in the tool book. And something dosnt look right? I’m not sure if that’s how a new C/V should look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures are on a car lift so its full drop, with Rough country uppers. Fox 2.0s are turned down with the spacer so it’s around 2.75” level.

New car quest:

passenger OEM:
AD24488B-5A74-46D7-A35F-B7A50ECF701E.jpeg

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
put it on the ground and check angles. Doesnt look any worse than other leveled trucks i've seen.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Yeah. Need to see it on the ground. 2.75” of level is going to make them steep, but I’d think with diff drops it would look closer to a regular 2.5”.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the extra bellows on the new had me messed up. I though it look way steeper than the factory one, but I guess they even.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had a bad clatter sound leaving lunch over 40mph, so I put it on the rack and my driver C/V boot was busted. Ordered both c/v axles since I never changed them. And put on the diff drop that’s been riding in the tool book. And something dosnt look right? I’m not sure if that’s how a new C/V should look. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures are on a car lift so its full drop, with Rough country uppers. Fox 2.0s are turned down with the spacer so it’s around 2.75” level.

New car quest:
View attachment 873968

passenger OEM:
View attachment 873969
there are spacers you need to add to drop down the 4x4 unit this will make it look stock and avoid the axels being too steep. this will avoid premature wear.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there are spacers you need to add to drop down the 4x4 unit this will make it look stock and avoid the axels being too steep. this will avoid premature wear.
you missed the point I said I did that?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At home on the ground:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Looks about like what mine are with a 2.5” level and no diff drops. Balljoint angle on the UCA looks okay.

what diff drops did you use? I have some 1/2” round spacers I got off eBay but never put them in.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks about like what mine are with a 2.5” level and no diff drops. Balljoint angle on the UCA looks okay.

what diff drops did you use? I have some 1/2” round spacers I got off eBay but never put them in.
Supreme I think. Some $20 one from Amazon 1/2” kit.

Most likely the same one you have. Mine had the long bolts, but no washers.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
i asked you before but you replied with a snied comment?
not trying to hate. But you seem to have a slow grasp on the English language.

there’s six pictures with descriptions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok had he simply said no in the first place all thies other questions would not have been needed??
that's all I asked was a yes or no question...

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok had he simply said no in the first place all thies other questions would not have been needed??
that's all I asked was a yes or no question...
I appreciate the help, thoughts, and your willingness to go out of your way.

Reactions: slumpychuck
1 - 20 of 20 Posts