GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking into fog lights for my recently purchased front Z71 bumper and think i am going with aftermarket fog lights. The place i am thinking of buying them at is really pushing the Piaa's on me, they look real nice but i cant see spending that much on fog lights? ($200-400)

Are these lights worth the money?

What about Hella's? Would these lights be a better buy?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Get some Silverstars. Much better value in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
:word:

I'd go with the silvestars. Fog lights to me are only useful if you're often in...you guessed it .. fog. They light up down low to get under it. Not real useful if you don't drive thru fog often. I have a set of Hella 450 driving lights on my grill guard right now, they're nice at night on 2 lane roads, although one of them has mud in it. :(

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Are you asking about the replacement bulbs for the factory foglights in the turbo vents? Or the Z71 bumper didnt come with the foglights, and you will be needing to purchase some to fit in those turbo vents?

If you are looking for replacement bulbs, Id do the silverstars...
If you are looking for lights, the piaas are excellent lights, but the hellas are just as capable. if it comes down to dollars and cents, go with the hellas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i am not looking for only blubs. Yes, i plan on putting them in the same open holes that the Z71 and limited Tahoe bumpers had. So i am looking for a kit with the lamps, wiring, etc...

Thanks, i will keep the silverstars in mind when i am looking for bulb replacement.

I am looking for something that has a little more power to light up the road than the factory fogs do. Guess its going to come down to what fits best in that open area in the bumper....

Whifflebat, i am eyeing up those 450 hella's, they might be a good fit....you said they are nice at night, does that mean you like them? ;)

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
the hellas do light up very well compared to the stockers. i hope that they will fit in those factory turbo vent holes though. on my 95, i had a hard time finding lights that fit well in that hole.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I have no idea if they will fit there, but I can get measurements for ya no problem. Yeah I like them alot, they light things up real nicely.

Only problem i could forsee is that they have glass lenses, so you ahve to keep them covered when they're not being used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts