GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookin for some long tube headers and cant find any that fit a 98 305.I was wondering if a set from a 95 305 will fit? Help Please I will forever be grateful :worship:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
did u look at truckperformance.com?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The ports are not what you should be concerned about. The headers for your vortec will need to have the plumbing for the EGR. The TBI headers will not. If you're just looking for a long tube header, try TOG, ASM, and Thorley, for mid lengths.

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
91_bowtie said:
The ports are not what you should be concerned about. The headers for your vortec will need to have the plumbing for the EGR. The TBI headers will not. If you're just looking for a long tube header, try TOG, ASM, and Thorley, for mid lengths.

What is the EGR? waht does it do?

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody know if a set of headers for a 350 will fit a 305

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
If you need headers for a TBI 305 the TBI 350 headers will fit....basically the same motor. You won't see much labeled for a 305.

Cameron

·
Official Rednek
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Physh1 said:
If you need headers for a TBI 305 the TBI 350 headers will fit....basically the same motor. You won't see much labeled for a 305.

Cameron
No i need them for a vortec 305. Do you know of any good brands for around 250$?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
gmc_super_truck said:
No i need them for a vortec 305. Do you know of any good brands for around 250$?
Sorry..misread it...well any vortec 350 header is a 305 header.....same platform. Gibson and JBA are good choices....but for $250 quality will be so so....

TBI and vortec heads have different slightly different port configs and flange patterns...not compadible.

Cameron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts