GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Looks like it might be a base model. GM puts non painted door handles on the WBH Avalanches too :nono: Just trying to save a penny I guess....

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
And on all their trucks too! You can get the top of the line SLT GMC 1500 and it still comes with rough textured door handles! The best I can figure out...some Tahoes just come with the black textured door handles, mirror caps, and side molding...even some top of the line ones. I can't find any reason to the madness...maybe there isn't one. :anitoof: As far as I know though...all Yukons come with color matched everything.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Those are not painted but with the LTs they come painted in that color. I just detailed a tahoe that color with painted handles (04)

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Who knows why they do that. I wish they had made them more flat looking for our NBS's like they used to be.

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
Only vehicles that I know for a fact all came with painted handles (other than the escalades) are the body cladded versions of the Avalanche. Go figure... the one vehicle with the MOST textured plastic, and GM goes and puts smooth painted handles on it :crazy: Not that I mind in this case....

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
MrFleming007 said:
Only vehicles that I know for a fact all came with painted handles (other than the escalades) are the body cladded versions of the Avalanche. Go figure... the one vehicle with the MOST textured plastic, and GM goes and puts smooth painted handles on it :crazy: Not that I mind in this case....
They should have painted the body cladding too while they were at it!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
HumanZoom said:
:word:

If done right...those look awesome.
There was a ready to paint kit I seen one time a while back you could buy for those. They replaced the factory ones with ready to paint cladding. Forgot where I seen it though.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
There was a ready to paint kit I seen one time a while back you could buy for those. They replaced the factory ones with ready to paint cladding. Forgot where I seen it though.
That would be sweet...I've seen a few painted ones rolling around town. There is this black one that looks like he just painted over the textured surface and didn't sand it or anything...looks like :poop:

There is this sweet yellow uncladded one though running around in my area...it is so cool. Color matched everything with nice big chrome rims. I never have my camera everytime I see it though :(

Lol....but I don't mean to throw this whole thread off topic. Sorry :anitoof:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts