GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 2500hd that has 20,800 miles on her. The truck is sort of a modern day barn find. It was purchased by a gentleman that passed away shortly after. The wife held on to the truck for quite some time driving it here and there but mainly kept it in the garage. She decided it was time to move on and made the decision to sell it to me. I'm am greatly appreciative that she felt comfortable selling it to me. I'd like to keep it as pristine as humanly possible considering how well it has been kept this far. My first plan of action is to get some sort of under coating on the frame as there is very minimal rust at this time. I was thinking that I should also add some coating to the rear wheel wells as those look like they are prone to rusting. I'm assuming that is most easily achieved through the tail light housing? Are there other locations that would be wise to under coat? I've seen some trucks with the lower door panels rotted should the interior of the door be coated? I would also assume that because there is some small traces of surface rust that I use the oil based undercoating. I read that it was best for stopping and preventing rust, where as the wax based an dry undercoating only prevents rust.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts