GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Blazerfest in Hollister is in 10 days. I have the opportunity to get either a set of 5 new 42's for $1100 or a set of 4 almost new 44's for $1000... 44's are just massive and like to break parts, 42's will work better at not breaking things, but 44's just roll over everything they point at... Hmmmmmmmm.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
damn...how are u able to get 5 new 42s for 220$ each?? looks like you have to weigh out the advantages of each...and it seems to me (i don't know for sure) that u are makin decent money, so breakin shit shouldn't hurt your wallet too much...the 44s might be the better answer, but its all up to you in the end...

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If you dont buy those 42s from that guy and he will ship, im going to so let me know. Also if you want to sell one as a spare let me know, dont you already have 1 worn out one or something? Ill buy it from ya...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I say 42's, not only are they new, but if you break something with the not quite so new 44's, it'll probably cost more than 100 bucks to fix.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I decided on the 42's. The 44's would require me to move my front axle forward about 4" more, and it's already forward 4.5". I'll wait till I do the 4 link in the front and can move it waaay forward for the 44's.

Stephen, I have 2 42's for 16.5's with about 20% tread left... One is grooved and other is not. The grooved one is a little thin where the grooving is so I would recomend the non-grooved for you and it's yours if you want it. I paid $50 for the pair so $20 would work for me :D I would say I would bring it with me when I come to TX for a truck but I doubt the plane would allow me to bring it as a carry on :LOL:

·
6,656 Posts
hahaha yeah i dont think they would like that, lets talk and figure out how to get it here because I definatly want it for a spare, with my luck if I didnt have it I would run over a samari sword or some shit.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Buddy of mine is taking my old 39.5's that I'm running and I'm going to give him the other 42, the grooved one. In trade for the 5 tires he's getting me some surplus military 5 ton 20" beadlocks for my XML's for my buggy :head:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
willyswanter said:
I would say I would bring it with me when I come to TX for a truck but I doubt the plane would allow me to bring it as a carry on :LOL:
say u have hemorids or sumthin and need a BIG donut to sit on...that oughta work...lol

·
6,656 Posts
00Silverado said:
Stephen, I'm seriously considering making a roadtrip to Dallas, so if I do I should be able to haul that 42:smokin:
bad ass, definatly let me know. Even if im not in town my aunt lives in dallas and I have friends there you could leave it with. If im in town ill make it up so we can party

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One word of warning, the previous owner used the tires on a big street truck and put like 2 bottles of wet look or something on them a week... Just looking at them will cover your clothes in black stuff. So we may want to wrap it in something before putting it in the bed of your nice white truck :D

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
00Silverado said:
Stephen, I'm seriously considering making a roadtrip to Dallas, so if I do I should be able to haul that 42:smokin:

Dave, when do you plan on going, cuz im working full time now and might be able to fly down there, i really wanna visit texas :head:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
Dave, when do you plan on going, cuz im working full time now and might be able to fly down there, i really wanna visit texas :head:
I'm not sure... it'd be cool to do it around a truck show. I have to con my parents into letting me go and that a 1200 mile trip one way will be fine :LOL:
Jason, my nice white truck needs to be washed.... want to wash it? :crazy:

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Hey David, you should come out to HeatWave.

·
NorCalOffRoad
155 Posts
willyswanter said:
One word of warning, the previous owner used the tires on a big street truck and put like 2 bottles of wet look or something on them a week... Just looking at them will cover your clothes in black stuff. So we may want to wrap it in something before putting it in the bed of your nice white truck :D

hit up a packaging store, get some shrink wrap. You wont use it all and it comes in hadny for those drunk nights were you want to wrap someones car, street bike, or dirt bike. Not like I would know or anything. :head: :crazy:

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
00Silverado said:
I'm not sure... it'd be cool to do it around a truck show. I have to con my parents into letting me go and that a 1200 mile trip one way will be fine :LOL:
Jason, my nice white truck needs to be washed.... want to wash it? :crazy:

werd dave, well if you end up planning a trip holla at the kid, it would be phat to meet you down there :head:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jays68yak said:
hit up a packaging store, get some shrink wrap. You wont use it all and it comes in hadny for those drunk nights were you want to wrap someones car, street bike, or dirt bike. Not like I would know or anything. :head: :crazy:
Hey I have a couple roles already... Are you going to BF? How about Mike? I think he's going to be buying my bullet riddled enclosed trailer :head:

·
6,656 Posts
Hey I just thought of something else also, if adve isnt heading down john at stazworks is going to have to find a way to get me my wheels, so maybe teh tire can go with those. He said something about he knew a trucker that drove cali to houston alot or something.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts